Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dying CY-6s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dying CY-6s

My first thought is that you may not be hitting your pads correctly. You cannot drive the stick into the edge of the cymbal this is for both acoustic and v-cymbals.(this technique will cause acoustic cymbals to crack or go oblong at the mounting hole) I say that because if they are choking themselves when hitting the rim you maybe hitting them the wrong way. Driving the cymbal into your holder. Are your cymbals flat? They need to have some angle on them. I would also double check your cables making sure they are plugged in all the way, that they are stereo, and that there are OK. Check some of the settings and see if you are getting signal everytime you hit it.

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

Comment

Comment

so smooth and subtle. I am literally rolling on the floor!

------------------
        -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,
        -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

Hello Chris,

thanx for your reply.

And where exactely can I find the thread? Keyword?

Regards,

Philip

Comment

Originally posted by cube:
            Hello Chris,

thanx for your reply.

And where exactely can I find the thread? Keyword?

Regards,

Philip
            "vcymbal ride bell sound", page 2, which, at the moment, is the very next post in this forum.
            Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cube:
                Three of 4 of mine died like this, and I only wanna know: Is there another one out there with similar problems.
                [/B]
                has anyone else bought 4 roland pads and had three of them die? definitely not, i would say. few people get even one roland pad DOA based on the comments on this board.

you have to assume either you are your module are malfunctioning. have you tried contacting roland support?

Comment

I have read these posts a couple of times cause something didn't seem right. I agree with everyone else, the likelyhood of this happening to 3 out of 4 pads (so far) is a real long shot. And I would certainly look at settings as the most likely source, however...

They are all the same model. If they came off the line in sequence and you actually have some made from the same lot in close sequence, it's very possible they got through QC. Consistancy in the failure mode is not that unlikely when this happens.

A key statement made, and I'm assuming you say what you mean and mean what you say, is "Then you can connect the cymbal to another TD-10, a TD-8 or 6, and there will no be a single rim-triggering at all."

I read this thread and it seems like one of those, no one is listening to what I'm saying kind of threads (which applies to both you and those responding).

Philip: did you actually test these in another brain? I mean, if you took them to a friend or to a store and verified the cymbal rim function to be dead, with other brain settings not tweaked by you, I think others might give this whole thing another think. Of course, the obvious answer would be return to your dealer or deal with Roland direct. The sooner the better.
                  Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X