Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Single 'Instrument' / Pad Volume control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single 'Instrument' / Pad Volume control?

Hi again

Has anyone any idea how to control a single instrument sound or pad volume?

What I mean is I've d'loaded a kit from Kimmings.com and it has a Splash on Tom2. But it's ALOT quieter than the rest of the toms, so when using the fader / slider to get the splash at the right volume the toms are TOO loud.

Is there anyway (like on the DTXtreme) that one can control the volume of either just this 'sound' or this pad?

Thanks, I hope you can 'cause this is beginning to drive me crazy!

Maverick

your manual has a great deal of info on this......with a td10 you simply hit control room button....then hit f1....mixer then strike pad........you'll see it highlighted on alpha display once you hit pad.then turn dial up or down.....then hit exit till you are out and rock on.by the way this site has a pretty good search engine.......you can search key words like "individual pad volume"and such to get answers to most of your questions......otherwise you might get a big RTFM....response
    -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick:
      Hi again

Has anyone any idea how to control a single instrument sound or pad volume?

What I mean is I've d'loaded a kit from Kimmings.com and it has a Splash on Tom2. But it's ALOT quieter than the rest of the toms, so when using the fader / slider to get the splash at the right volume the toms are TOO loud.

Is there anyway (like on the DTXtreme) that one can control the volume of either just this 'sound' or this pad?

Thanks, I hope you can 'cause this is beginning to drive me crazy!

Maverick
      Now you can help me out Maverick. I checked out the kimmings site and the download is a .mid file. How do you load that into the TD-10. I got a "transmitting data" kind of message but nothing happened.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Hellooo Boingo!!

Yup, I'll gladly help.

Firstly I'm using Cakewalk 9.0, but any sequencer will do.

Make sure that it's talking to the TD-10. I'm a TOTAL novice at midi, but I managed to get this working.

Basically, all you need to do is 'play'. the .mid file and if your watching your TD-10, you should see that it says its receiving data and somewhere in the kits the new one will have overwritten the old ones.

Unfortunately with this method you can't specifiy which one to overwrite, they are in the positions that Mr Kimmings has them, but if you use that VkitTrans to do a bulk dump you shouldn't lose anything.

I did run into one problem but that was unique to Cakewalk, but if you've got that and you can't get it working I'll try and remember just what i did.

Hope that works.

Please let me know.

Maverick

Comment

I played it using Windows media player with the Midi properties set to send data to the midi outs. I got the transmitting data message but nothing was overwritten. I'll work on it some more tomorrow. thanks....
          Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
            I played it using Windows media player with the Midi properties set to send data to the midi outs. I got the transmitting data message but nothing was overwritten. I'll work on it some more tomorrow. thanks....
            Sometimes, when you think you "know it all" you don't listen to what people are saying.

"and somewhere in the kits the new one will have overwritten the old ones.

Unfortunately with this method you can't specifiy which one to overwrite, they are in the positions that Mr Kimmings has them, but if you use that VkitTrans to do a bulk dump you shouldn't lose anything."

It worked the first time. I shoulda known better. SYSEX97 does the same thing. One of the nice things about Lee's software is that you get to choose which kits get overwritten.

Now if I can just figure out why I chose 4am to be doing this sort of thing, I'd really be doing something.

thanks....

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick:
              but if you use that VkitTrans to do a bulk dump you shouldn't lose anything.
              I have mentioned this several times but I'll say it again. In the past, when I did the bulk save with VkitTrans, I later discovered the bulk save file was corrupt. Before I got a memory card, a bulk load trashed all my kits. Not a pleasant experience. I duplicated this so it wasn't a one time thing. I only use the software for single kit saves/loads. It has worked flawlessly when used this way. Others have used it in bulk mode with no problem. For all I know, I'm the only one with this problem.

I always recommend a memory card as the most reliable, efficient backup. The software allows me to archive and provides back up to the card. Caveat Emptor.

Comment

Hello again Boingo.

Glad you got the kits into your TD-10. Aren't they great?

I've used VKitTrans for bulk dumps and I've restored using it serveral times, so I guess I've been lucky (That's a first!)

I do want a Mem Card but they are so expensive and I believe that a midi sequencer will do the same thing so that's my next project.

THanks

Maverick

Comment

Working...
                X