Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD 10 Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD 10 Expansion

Does anyone know if the TD 10 can expand beyond the basic set of drums listed on the inputs? The catalogs all show many more pads and cymbals. Is it possible to use Y jacks and hook up multiple pads, under the assumption that they will never trigger at the exact same moment? stumped

Please follow the discussion about the new TMC-6. It's a device to which you can connect 5 pads and then connect the unit with MIDI to the td-10. That will expand your system.

On the pictures you mention the expansion mostly is done with a SPD-20.
    Robert

Comment

You can also search for "radioshack". Not long ago there was a looooong thread about how to connect more than one pad to one dual trigger input.
      I couldn't figure out at the time but the guy that posted claimed it worked.

Pierre.

Comment

A standard TD-10 setup allows the addition of only two more pads(inputs AUX1 & AUX2). However, I believe this is reduced to only one additional pad if the new 'V-ride' is to be used. (Is this right gang?) If you are referring to 'Roland' catalogs, I've not seen the very latest, but the ones that were around when I bought my set (V-Pro) did show 'expansions'. However, upon careful examination of the setups every 'expanded' setup included an additional module. In most cases, an SPD-20 was shown in the setup, and these allow for additional pads to be hooked in.

So, an additional module (and there are a variety to choose from - the TMC-6 was specifically produced for this purpose) is the most convenient (if not the only) way to go. Of course, 'y-adapters' will allow you to 'double-up', but you will get the same sound out of both pads. I do not believe anyone would want this kind of redundancy for anything other than the bass drum.

A few creative, technically gifted types around here have discovered ways to 'split' each input to two separate pads. However, this did not take our community by storm. It required time, effort and alot of understanding of the module's signal-shaping features. It seems most of us here want to just take it out of the box, hook it up, flip the 'on' switch & wail away. And this it does admirably. It is my understanding that alot of the posts dealing with these modifications have been deleted due to certain 'technical difficulties'. A few are still around. Use most xlnt search machine.

-Marc.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.:
          A few creative, technically gifted types around here have discovered ways to 'split' each input to two separate pads. However, this did not take our community by storm. It required time, effort and alot of understanding of the module's signal-shaping features. It seems most of us here want to just take it out of the box, hook it up, flip the 'on' switch & wail away. And this it does admirably. It is my understanding that alot of the posts dealing with these modifications have been deleted due to certain 'technical difficulties'. A few are still around. Use most xlnt search machine.
          Well stated Marc. You should keep this pargraph on file to bring out as a standard response to the inevitable 'can I split my inputs' question. Undoubtedly the most concise and readable response I have seen yet.
          Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

"Yeah dig brother um, ...It's really outta sight here, didn't even rain ...
            NO BUTTONS TO PUSH!"

I DON'T WANT TO WORK! I WANT TO ..."

Comment

Feef, it seems to me that you have no grasp on the techniques nor problems involved with the 'grail' and 'shack' concepts. I advise that you shut your face until someone who really knows what they are talking about shuts it for you!
              Steve

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by feefer:
                ...Seriously, you have not been able to use a stereo 'y' cable (as described above) to get a result?
                Seriously Chris, he was just funnin' ya, ... seriously.

-~

Comment

Sorry if you took offense Feef, but as Marc. said I was joking! (hence the emoticon)
                  In answer to your question, I have had much sucess in the 'grail' and 'shack' techniques. Just thought that I would have a go at you (seeing as you taught me everything I know and all!).
                  I like you remember?
                  Steve

Comment

Did anyone ever determine if positional sensing could be preserved on say, a pd100\FSR combination.

Last time I combined an FSR with my pd100 into one input, I couldn't find a trigger type that worked and still provided positional sensing.

Thanks
                    Bill

Comment

Working...
                    X