Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

balanced v. unbalanced inputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• balanced v. unbalanced inputs

Greetings,

I tried to search on this thread and found a hit, but the actual discussion appears to have been removed from the vdrums.com server some time ago. So, I would appreciate your help in answering what appears to be an old question on vdrums. Are the inputs on the TD-8 balanced or unbalanced? Are some of them balanced (e.g. 1/2 and 11/12) and others unbalanced? I'm a relative newbie to all this pro audio lingo, so please bear with me Thanks for the help!

Originally posted by mudyax:
    Are the inputs on the TD-8 balanced or unbalanced?

All inputs for the TD-10 & TD-8 are unbalanced.

------------------
    Outboard gear: Focusrite Compounder, Drawmer MX-30, BBE-482, Aphex C-104, Behringer T1951 4-Band Parametric Tube EQ, Lexicon MPX1, Mackie 1402-VLZ, (Crown K2 amp & Cerwin Vega V-253 speakers = 1600 watts @ 4 ohms continues power, peak at 3000 watts) and Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones.
    Studio

Comment

Ok szvook..cool! Thanks for the hookup! I'm a bit surprised that the TD-10 outs are unbalanced. Ok, as usual, I've learned something here. Thanks again!

Comment

I tried to search on this thread and found a hit, but the actual discussion appears to have been removed from the vdrums.com server some time ago.
        The webmasters backed up all important questions that have been answered a hundred times before.

Fortunately szvook helped you. But there is also an angry young man on this board who always starts to shout USE THE XLNT SEARCH ENGINE and frighten newcomers away. You are lucky
        Robert

Comment

Thanks for going easy on me putenvr! I really appreciate it. I *did* try! I have at least learned that much about vdrums. But, this does raise an interesting question...how does one find info like this that just happens to have been backed up and removed and avoid perturbing his/her vdrum colleagues the world over? Also, it may be that something is amuck on my end. I went back to XLNT and tried to search on a number of topics (to see what happens) and each time I get this:

"Not Found..The requested URL/discussion/Forum1/HTML/000128.html was not found on this server."

What's up? Am I in the vdrums server twilight zone here? Thanks!

Comment

I went back to XLNT and tried to search on a number of topics (to see what happens) and each time I get this:

"Not Found..The requested URL/discussion/Forum1/HTML/000128.html was not found on this server."

What's up? Am I in the vdrums server twilight zone here? Thanks!
            No, that is quite common. You will see a very promising looking thread in the search engine, but when you try to read it, you'll get the above message. The board really needs a FAQ, but several people have volunteered to do it, looked at the amount of work involved, and quietly tiptoed away from the project. I should know because I'm one of them

Comment

Not Found..The requested URL/discussion/Forum1/HTML/000128.html was not found on this server.
              That probably means that the thread was deleted. (The creator of a thread has the option to delete it.) Otherwise, it's just a bug in the web interface. Actually, it's a bug either way IMO.
              Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Did you try looking through the message archives?

Comment

Originally posted by darrenmc:
                  The board really needs a FAQ, ... looked at the amount of work involved, and quietly tiptoed away from the project. I should know because I'm one of them

Yeah, I had to laugh when I read how you were going to save the Vdrum world with the FAQ. I see that as a ton of work and believe you would battle constant disagreement over anything you write.
                  Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
                  X