Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Alesis Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alesis Repair

I have an Alesis DM5 that had the headphone jack/circuit board broken while on sale on consignment at local drum shop. The shop took it to a reputable electronics shop in November. The electroinic shop has so far been unable to get the needed parts. I was told Alesis is out of business. Any suggestions on where to get parts? I decided to keep my kit and haven't been able to play. HELP!

sorry dude, no idea
    -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

Use a hammer.
      Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

I'm looking for another Alesis module for my rack. You can 1. sell me the module (good deal I hope), I'll buy it as is. 2. e mail http://www.alesis.com/products/index.html Alesis still rocks in the free world.

Comment

If the board has split and there are not too many connections then glue it together and wire out the conections to a suitable point. I have don this before on brocken cct boards and it has worked as normal afterwards. If you are not confident then have you anyu friends who are good with a soldering iron?

Comment

Thanks to all who responded to my request for help. After some serious consideration, I'll pass on using the hammer! Also, thanks for the offer to take it off my hands but I'll keep looking. I'm assuming the electronics shop knows something since they are on Alesis' list of authorized dealers. Again...thanks for taking the time to offer your suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by jordan23:
              I have an Alesis DM5 that had the headphone jack/circuit board broken while on sale on consignment at local drum shop. The shop took it to a reputable electronics shop in November. The electroinic shop has so far been unable to get the needed parts. I was told Alesis is out of business. Any suggestions on where to get parts? I decided to keep my kit and haven't been able to play. HELP!
              I recently contacted Alesis Tech Support about this and their response was:

"Alesis no longer performs factory service.
              For service please contact Advanced Musical Electronics in Los Angeles 310 559-3157. Please fax in a parts order request to advanced musical electronics @ (310) 559-3051."

Hope this helps!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Drumbalaya! Specializing in electronic drum equipment.
              Ed Morin [ mailto:[email protected] ]
              Phone: 866-881-9313 / 425-881-9313 FAX: 425-881-6000 http://www.drumbalaya.com

Comment

Thanks EDM...your info will be followed-up on immediately!

Comment

Here's the skinny...Advanced Musical Electronics did purchase all the spare parts from Alesis. However, Alesis apparently dumped them off without any type of organization. AME has been attempting to catalog the parts in order to effeciently stock them. It has taken a long time and is still not complete. As such, my order for parts will have to wait since AME still doesn't know exactly what they have. It doesn't get me my module back but at least I know why...thanks.

In the meantime, I decided to buy a new Ddrum 4 SE. I'm hoping to combine my 2 kits via MIDI. I was told this will work. I think I'll see my Ddrum sooner than my module!!

Comment

Good choice, the Ddrum sounds I've head are exellent, like my E4. Alesis stuff sounds good but the construction is so light duty, the Drum4 looks like it's built like a tank. As long as you don't want extras like a sequencer or effects, you should be fine. Let us know how the kit plays, I'm curious. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by jrcel (edited February 06, 2002).]
                    Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Working...
                    X