Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

new studio set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new studio set

I recently bought a Studio set, I live in Florida and want to set it up on my back lanai (open-air patio). The set would be out of the elements (rain, etc) under a roof but still "outside" because the rest of the pool area is enclosed by screen. Will this harm the TD-8, pads, or anything?

Let me know if I should move it inside...

Thanks

As a fellow Floridian, I must advise you to move them inside. I have problems with humidity and salt in the air....inside the house. I have to spray all of my audio and video connectors with Boeshield T9 to prevent corrosion.

Florida is a tough place to live....but someone has to do it. Outside temperature at 1pm is 81F

------------------
    The Captain

[This message has been edited by captainbk (edited January 31, 2002).]
    The Captain

Comment

Have you lived in Florida any length of time? Don't you know that the summers are 150 degrees and 120% humidity at 3 in the morning? You have never had your "corrosion proof" patio funiture and gas grill desintegrate right before your eyes? Have you never seen rain fall horizonally? Actually the electronics would probably hold up longer than the cybmal booms and the rack. You would have to make sure that you clean out all the lizards, spiders, snails and all the other tropical creatures that would nest in your system everytime you played. Other than that, go for it!

PS. Welcome to the board

Comment

Originally posted by artboss:
        I recently bought a Studio set, I live in Florida and want to set it up on my back lanai (open-air patio). The set would be out of the elements (rain, etc) under a roof but still "outside" because the rest of the pool area is enclosed by screen. Will this harm the TD-8, pads, or anything?

Let me know if I should move it inside...

Thanks
        Thanks all - I figured as much but thought I'd ask... just thought about the sticks flying out of my hands in August when the humidity is 170%. Maybe I can put the kid's bed on the pation and...

Comment

Where in Florida are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaDrummer:
            Have you lived in Florida any length of time? Don't you know that the summers are 150 degrees and 120% humidity at 3 in the morning? You have never had your "corrosion proof" patio funiture and gas grill desintegrate right before your eyes? Have you never seen rain fall horizonally? Actually the electronics would probably hold up longer than the cybmal booms and the rack. You would have to make sure that you clean out all the lizards, spiders, snails and all the other tropical creatures that would nest in your system everytime you played. Other than that, go for it!

PS. Welcome to the board

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAHAWHWHAHAHAAAAAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Comment

I live in Sarasota - we've been here for about 8 years (after leaving the wet, cold, nasty Rhode Island).

I just started to learn how to play the drums and bought a studio set while the price was so low. I have a 5 yr old and a 4 yr old so there was no way I could bang away on an acoustic set...

Comment

I love Sarasota, were going to be moving there in the next few years. South Florida is getting to nuts for us.

Comment

I live in Bradenton....next town north of sarasota. Small world but I still wouldnt want to paint it.

------------------
                  The Captain
                  The Captain

Comment

Originally posted by captainbk:
                    I live in Bradenton....next town north of sarasota. Small world but I still wouldnt want to paint it.

Actually Bradenton is where we might end up. Is the cost of living cheaper (even a little) there compared to Sarasota. I would like to live somewhere that is cheaper then where I am now (one of the highest places in the country).

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaDrummer:
                      Actually Bradenton is where we might end up. Is the cost of living cheaper (even a little) there compared to Sarasota. I would like to live somewhere that is cheaper then where I am now (one of the highest places in the country).

Bradenton is still a little cheaper than sarasota...We live in a waterfront condo, on deeep water with a dock and our places our going for 150 to 200 K in sarasota these would be 300-400K . Lots of good realty links for our area.....check them out

------------------
                      The Captain
                      The Captain

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                        X