Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Vertical KD-7, a.k.a. "extension thingie"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caspar
    replied
    Looks great! When can we see the technical drawings???
    Groet,
    Cas

Leave a comment:

• boismenu
    replied
    I haven't played much with it since it's not finished yet (glue, paint, etc). But I can tell you that's certanly much quieter. Not so much in the same room but a relief for my family in the rest of the house and the neighbours downstairs.
    And as Claymore said It's easier to play than the *perverted* beaters.

Hielko, the angle of the plate is to make the KD-7's small rubber pad to be vertical and aligned with the beater.
    Originally I considered disamble the KD-7 and mount the trigger (rubber part and ring) directly in the wooden plate. In this way I could mount this plate vertically making the cutting of the lateral plates much more easier. But after considering the risks I abandoned the idea.

Leave a comment:

• clymore
    replied
    I have built three of those similar to yours. I have one for the KD-7 (with a single upright member). One for the Pintech Ergokik and one to mount a Pintech CC-101-ST. They may not be much quieter but they certainly work better. Those beaters were never meant to be inverted!!! Bad mechanics!!

P.S.: The Pintech CC-101-ST feels the closest to a real drum and is the quietest!

Leave a comment:

• Hielko
    replied
    Originally posted by pjames:
    Looks good. Wonder if it'll be louder/quieter than the normal KD-7 setup.
    Louder. No doubt! I wonder if the pedal can hit it. Sure you want that angle with a normal padel?

Nice thing btw.

Leave a comment:

• pjames
    replied
    Looks good. Wonder if it'll be louder/quieter than the normal KD-7 setup. Hope it works well for you!

Leave a comment:

• boismenu
    replied
    The plate were the KD-7 will be hold is a little too thick so I'm planning to replace it.

I haven't glue it yet. I wanted to try it to see if the size and everything is ok. So far so good!

Leave a comment:

• boismenu
    started a topic Vertical KD-7, a.k.a. "extension thingie"

Vertical KD-7, a.k.a. "extension thingie"

Hi,
    here're the first photographs of my prototype:

And one with the pedal:

Working...
X