Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!!

Hi
    I tried to update my td-8 like roland said
    And something went wrong and I canīt turn my td.8 on .The screen is green but it wonīt boot. Whats happening.I need it in 2 days for a gig.
    Please help me!!!!!

Ouch.

Sounds like my mixing console.

If I had one in stock I'd let you borrow it, but I am fresh out. Try calling Roland...(is it worth a try calling Roland??)...

Erik
    SEPdrums

Comment

I am glad I didn't screw around with mine (TD-8). Forget the update!!!
      I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Originally posted by clymore:
        I am glad I didn't screw around with mine (TD-8). Forget the update!!!
        I still haven't read what the update does. Did I miss the post on this? (Oh crap, I know, use the search engine!)

I don't know how many times I have updated software just for the sake of having the latest version and kicked myself for doing it. It sounds like I'm not alone in this behavior.
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Anybody got any idea what the update does?

Schmunk
          TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, Mackie SRM-450, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer, Electric Sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmunk:
            Anybody got any idea what the update does?

Schmunk

Yeah, it screws up your module.

------------------
            Outboard gear: Focusrite Compounder, Drawmer MX-30, BBE-482, Aphex C-104, Behringer T1951 4-Band Parametric Tube EQ, Lexicon MPX1, Mackie 1402-VLZ, (Crown K2 amp & Cerwin Vega V-253 speakers = 1600 watts @ 4 ohms continues power, peak at 3000 watts) and Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones.
            Studio

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
              I don't know how many times I have updated software just for the sake of having the latest version and kicked myself for doing it.
              When will you youngsta's ever learn ...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Comment

I agree Marc. Did this upgade work for anyone? If it did, what changes did it make to your module? Unless it is something fantastic, it doesn't sound worth it.
                V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Comment

Originally posted by zendrums:
                  I agree Marc. Did this upgade work for anyone? If it did, what changes did it make to your module? Unless it is something fantastic, it doesn't sound worth it.
                  Ask Feef. I believe he finally did it. However, we've not seen this site splashed with any raves & such, have we?

Comment

I just called Roland and they are checking into it...

NOBODY RUN THIS TILL I HEAR FROM ROLAND!!!!

files are missing!!!!

Comment

My suspicion is that this update adds trigger parameters for the V-Cymbals, including the to-be-announced-at-NAMM CY-12R triple-zone 12" ride pads, with which the V-Custom is now shipping in Japan, if I made out Roland's Japanese website correctly (My Kanji is terrible ).

Stu
                      "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

I installed this update the other day. As far as I cam tell it is for the CY1 cymbals, and probably some other bits and pieces.

I too had problems getting it to install, blank screen the works which lead to a very long evening thinking the machine was dead what %$Ģ^ do I do now? This was because I was using the wrong sequencer to get it to install..... this was cracked by using the PLAY MIDI feature on MidiOx [which every discerning midi phile or phobe should have].

The only oddity is now the kit and pattern [or song depending] lights are both on. Otherwise it's the same as was.....
                        Moxley

Comment

Does the TD-8 need to be updater to use the CY-6 cymbals? I have one ordered to try it out.
                          I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X