Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Settings for V cymbal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settings for V cymbal

Does anyone have some better settings than those suggested in the manual for getting a more consistent sound and volume on the V cymbal crashes? I'm using a TD-10 with the TDW-1 for V cymbals and I've tried adjusting the sensitivity, as well as the velocity curve. I'm not a hard hitter, can get very consistent sounds on all of the drums, even when playing rim shots, and can usually get a nice mellow crash sound but there are times when the cymbals are just too soft, or even worse, way too loud. This only occurs when playing the edge of the cymbal, not the bow. I can hear the difference when the sensitivity setting is changed but notice very little change after adjusting the curve. Any help here?

[This message has been edited by MacDrumster (edited January 28, 2002).]
    Ron

I have the same problem, and what's worse, have "dead hit" problems every now and again. If this was happening on only one cymbal, I'd think it was just a defective unit, but it happens on all of them, I think it's just a matter of getting used to itting the cymbals where you know they will trigger correctly, I know that's not much of an answer, but it's the best I could come up with to make myself happy.

On another note, I swapped out my cy12H for one of the new cy12 crash/ride units, I like that the cy12 c/r has a bit more of a mushy feel to it, unlike the brick-like response from the cy12h. Anyone else done this? I find that it mistriggers less than the cy12H.

Mike

Comment

Working...
    X