Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Drumtech Pole Pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drumtech Pole Pad

This trigger is advertized as a dual surface FSR trigger device.
    http://www.brookmays.com/prod_disp.asp?itemnum=POLEPAD

Could it be used to trigger the "rim" sounds on PD-7/9's plugged into the "toms" jacks on a Roland module? I usually turn the rim sounds off on my toms because they are unreliable in most cases.
    I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

What it means by dual is as the picture shows yes this is a dual pad-And a pretty good one @ that-I think as it is set up in a dual piezio jack from the TD-10, It will probally trigger both sounds on that output-
    Let us know-this is a great idea-- laters-

Comment

do not buy the polepad. It will definitely NOT work on a td-10. Although it is a dual fsr trigger, your brain is gonna look for a piezo signal to dictate the strike intensity when the fsr is hit. If you connected it to your tom input hoping to tap the unused input on the rim you would have to hit the polepad and your tom at EXACTLY the same time(pretty much impossible to attain reliable triggering) to triger the rim input. the fsr will tellthe module to triger the rim channel but it needs a piezo signal on the head channel to tell it how hard the hit was.

Do Not buy it your using a roland module.

------------------
      -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450, bbe 482 sonic maximizer, spd-20

[This message has been edited by drumlogic (edited January 24, 2002).]
      -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

Thanks!

Makes me wonder what module this Polepad is designed for.

Comment

I have a Polepad. There are two playing surfaces; each one has a (single-trigger) jack. You can't use it two trigger both notes on a single trigger; i.e. head/rim. Presently I have this plugged into AUXs 1 and 2.

I got it for use as extra percussion, i.e. cowbell, woodblock, or extra cymbals. It has little nuance except dynamics. It is the quietest trigger I've ever played in terms of stick noise.

Doug

Comment

Perhaps I am wrong. I just assumed based on the way the roland modules inputs are designed I didnt think an fsr trigger would at all without a local piezo to send intensity information. Can anyone else shed some light here? Would this be similar to using a pd 7/9 and disconnecting the piezo.

------------------
            -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450, bbe 482 sonic maximizer, spd-20
            -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

I will be getting one very shortly as well-they look good and are made pretty well-And they are compatible with the TD-10-

Comment

I thought these were really for ddrums or some other module. If these work on the rim input of the toms let me know. Ill be buying two of them if they can do that.

------------------

Comment

Right now I have two Yamaha single zone pads in my AUX plug (TD-8). I could use the Pole Pad instead and use the pads on my other drum set (or sell them).

Comment

djourg or c.jude, When you use the polepad is it triggering the head or rim sound on the input you have it plugged into?

Comment

Well I just bought a PolePad on Ebay for $56. I will have it in a few days and see what all it is capable of.

Comment

Originally posted by drumlogic:
                        djourg or c.jude, When you use the polepad is it triggering the head or rim sound on the input you have it plugged into?
                        I'm 99% sure it's the head, but I'll check it tonight to confirm.

DJourg

O.K., I confirmed it. Heads it is.

[This message has been edited by DJourg (edited January 26, 2002).]

Comment

thanx djourg. That would be really interesting if it is the head being that every input on the td-10 is designed for a piezo signal to be sent to the head(tip).

------------------

Comment

Working...
                          X