Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Mackie SRM450's or JBL EON15 G2 System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackie SRM450's or JBL EON15 G2 System?

I've narrowed it down to these two speakers and was wondering if I could get some input from some of you on which way you would lean. I know its a loaded question but hey I,m about to spend a load-a-doe on speakers and could use some advice. I would like to get two Mackie 450's or the JBL EON15 G2 system with the mixer and all. I noticed the Mackie's have a bi-amp set up and I'm not familiar with it so I don't know the pro's and con's of it either. What advice do you give?

Originally posted by Ken Eaves:
    What advice do you give?
    First thing I would do is listen to them.

Comment

Based on my results of an in depth study of the two speakers I have concluded this:
      1. The eons have 15in woofer's that can deliver deeper bass, but kinda loose, not as tight and punchy as the mackie 12 in.
      2. The mackies have a much nicer high end. Your cymbals will sound clear and smooth. The jbl high end is VERY harsh.
      I think it comes down to this, If you are playing rock/punk/metal or any type of music where you would like to have a powerful bass drum and can only afford 2 speakers then buy the eon g2's. If you can afford a subwoofer, then definitely go with the mackies. They are undoubtably a much better sounding speaker. Also if you dont need a lot of volume the mackie's can produce suffecient lows at lower power levels.
      Go listen to them at gc or SA. You'll see what I mean.

------------------
      -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450, bbe 482 sonic maximizer, spd-20
      -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

Good summary drumlogic. Both speakers have their applications. If I might add, the JBL has a built-in EQ which may be a plus.
        Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

I think the Mackie has a more hi-fi sound while the JBL has a more Public Address sound. It's what you like...
          Robert

Comment

Thanks for the info. I wish I had the oportunity to listen to them both but I don't. No one in Wichita carries the EON15 G2's that's why I'm asking those of you who have listened to them. I'll probably have to do my ordering on the net considering the Mackie's are selling for full price around here. Any suggestions on the best deals?

Comment

You could try online stores such as samash, zzounds, or musicianfriend. Some have better reputations than others. I haven't used any of them but there's much talk about them here. Use the most xlnt search engine and see what people have to say. I got my JBL EON G2 off of ebay. As a matter of fact I got it from this guy:
              http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1322833617

He's got the best deal around that I could find for a NIB JBL G2 if you're leaning towards them. He runs a DJ supply company in CA and is real cool to deal with.

Comment

Working...
              X