Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

V cymbals choking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V cymbals choking

Hi All,
    When I strike any of my V cymbals they sound and respond perfectly, but when I strike any of them and at the same time and do any type of buzz on the snare it chokes the cymbals. Also when I srike the cymbal then quickly afterward play a buzz roll it chokes the cymbals.
    I tried searchin', but couldn't find any solution. This just started happening last night.
    The only change that I made to the module was I switched to LOG 2 V curve on the snare as experiment, then I went back to Linear v curve. It seemed to have started after the experiment...
    I have & love a TD 8 and a Hart BX kit with CY 6's, and a CY 15 ride. I appreciate any advice you can give to me.
    Thank you, Rick C...
    This website is super!
    (Chrome Hart BX Kit, TD 8 Module, All Roland Cymbals, Electrovoice SXA 250 Powered Monitor, Yamaha 10/2 Mixer, Alesis Pico Verb, BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer, Samson S-Phone Headphone Amp/Mixer), V Club Kit, Boss BR-8 Digital Recorder, Sony 7509 Headphones, Roc & Soc's
    Charcoal Gray Metallic GMS Kit, Turquoise Sparkle Slingerland Kit. Many Zildjians...
    DRUMS - WOOHOO! I'm SILLY!

try lowering the crosstalk on your snare.
    -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

Thanks for your reply Drum, But I have the crosstalk set to the off setting. I'm confused.
      (Chrome Hart BX Kit, TD 8 Module, All Roland Cymbals, Electrovoice SXA 250 Powered Monitor, Yamaha 10/2 Mixer, Alesis Pico Verb, BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer, Samson S-Phone Headphone Amp/Mixer), V Club Kit, Boss BR-8 Digital Recorder, Sony 7509 Headphones, Roc & Soc's
      Charcoal Gray Metallic GMS Kit, Turquoise Sparkle Slingerland Kit. Many Zildjians...

Comment

Try reinitilizing the module. The change could of changed something that it shouldn't of. Just remember to back up first.

Comment

Originally posted by feefer:
          Re-initializing the module resets the factory trigger settings: this may or may not do anything, and is about as random of a solution as rotating the wheel while scrolling thru trigger parameters, hoping it'll fix the problem.
          Yeah, I have been noticing lately that whatever the problem may be, someone suggests an all fixing 're-initialise'.
          Strange, it was hardly ever suggested 12 months ago, and only then for serious 'Oh I have screwed up the module' questions.
          Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

If everything worked perfectly before Drumkit changed the curve settings and then changed it back, why would changing the crosstalk settings need to be done. If you read the prior post, the crosstalk is set to off, therefore the crosstalk isn't the problem. There was no need to change it prior to the curve setting change then there would be no reason to change it after. Drumkit actually didn't change anything on the kit because he changed the curve setting back to the way it originally was, therefore he should of not had this problem to begin with. Since he is experiencing problems something else got changed when he changed the curve settings. This is not suppose to happen so a logical explanation is that the module screwed something up (after all it is a computer). Therefore instead of experimenting with multiple settings that may or may not work and shouldn't have to be done to begin with, re-initialising the module to erase whatever happened to the module makes logical sense. If you don't have it backed up then I wouldn't do it at first but if you can back everything up then why not take the whole 15 seconds it takes to re-initialise and restore your saved kits than mess around with all the other settings hoping that it will correct the problem.

Comment

Thanks for your help, I'll work on it today. I'll search for how to save all of my settings in the archives.

Thanks again & have a great day, Rick...

Comment

Were your cymbals eating pretzels when they began to choke?

Comment

Yeah, and now they have a bruise...
                  That's a good one Arriguy...
                  Rick

Comment

reminds me of...

and...

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Hey Feefer,

I'm not denying what you are saying. I understand the relationship and how it works. I think you were missing my point.

I'll use me as an example. If I have a certain setup that has worked for me over time and I have experience no problems what so ever. I decide for the fun of it to change one setting and then change it back. All of a sudden, my setup isn't working anymore. Now, what would make more logical sense and be the easiest way to fix the problem. My thinking is that something else got messed up when I changed the settings and my opinion is to simply restore the setup from a backup copy that has consistantly and flawlessly preformed correctly and see if that corrects the problem. If it doesn't, then you have to start looking at all the other settings. I'm just trying to make it simple, why start experimenting and adjusting the settings in the hope it might work when you have something that in all probability will work and won't take hardly any time to do. How is that a random solution? Changing any other settings and then testing it to see if it works would be more random.

No other factors have changed. The rack hasn't been moved. No pads were changed or moved. Nothing else has changed so why would it all of a sudden not work. It's not working probably because something inside the module also got changed when the setting was moved. If something else has also changed, like moving the rack, pad changes or positions, etc. then by all means, crosstalk, threshold settings etc would then be the first thing to look at.

For the record, I have had similar problems. I keep a backup of a setup that works for me. I have felt like goofing around and have changed settings which has caused problems. I have then took 15 seconds and restored my settings to take care of the problem. What is the big deal of restoring?
                      You just want to make sure that you have a backup copy of the settings that work before you change anything. That way it is simple to restore and start over again.

Comment

Hey guy's, your input and concern for my situation is very much appreciated.
                        I've been trying to read up and figure out what I need to actually save my settings into my PC, (cable and specific program). But if I'm understanding correctly, now that I'm having this glitch, saving my settings at this point will also save the glitch. Which of course will be of no help to resolve the problem. Should I write down all of my global settings on paper, then re-initalize, then manually re-enter my settings, and adjust all of my kits for sounds and etc? Then after I have everything the way I like it - back it up into my PC for safe keeping and for future re-boots?
                        Thanks again guy's you're super... Rick

Comment

Originally posted by drumkit:
                          Hey guy's, your input and concern for my situation is very much appreciated.
                          I've been trying to read up and figure out ...
                          You mean, after all this, you haven't fixed it? By all means - write everything down.

Comment

Drumkit,

That depends on how extensively you have tweaked the kit. Feefer is 100% correct on his answers. If you have messed with all the threshold, crosstalk, velocity setting, etc then you probably would want to try Feefers sugestions first. If you haven't done anything other than change instruments or other minor things, then I would write it down, reinilize the module and then change the settings back.

Comment

Working...
                            X