Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

KD-7 bracket to make it vertical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD-7 bracket to make it vertical

I would like to have a bracket to mount a standard KD-7 on to put it in a vertical position. I have a Pintech VertiKik with a Pearl P-100 that works great. I put the same pedal on a KD-7 and it feels mushy! Does anyone have a design or have any suggestions?
    I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

I suggest you just use the Pintech if it feels great. Sell the KD-7 and get something that works.
    "I'm not a guitarist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Comment

Are you using the beater that comes with the KD7? If you are, then it's mushy because it's quite soft. I use a TAMA beater that's quite hard(felt) and it feels better. Another thing I do is to use a straight beater but modify the pedal so the straight beater can hit the kd7 squarely. This way, there is more play between releasing pedal to when hitting the kd7.(my preference)

Fon.

TD8 with PD7's, 2 KD7's (From previous TD7)
      Tama Rockstar with mix of Sabian, Zildjian and Paiste.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoovey:
        Sell the KD-7 and get something that works.
        I sure hope that I misunderstood this comment. There are some big fans of the KD-7 out there, don't mess with us!
        Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

I converted my KD-7 to an upright a couple years ago. This sketch is a bit crude but it gets the idea across.

I used scraps of wood and a few brackets. It has worked flawlessly for 2yrs +. It took a little ingenuity. Remove the part where the spikes are and you can screw it to a 2 x 4 cut on an angle. Of course, if you would prefer to spend a ton of money to accomplish the same thing, be my guest.
          Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Steveo the Devo:
            I sure hope that I misunderstood this comment. There are some big fans of the KD-7 out there, don't mess with us!
            You didn't misunderstand me at all. I hate the KD-7. My Pintech Ergokick and Silentech bass pad trigger much much better than any KD-7 I've used. And I've tried them with various pedals and various beaters. I still hate the KD-7. If it works for you, more power to you. But I hate it.
            "I'm not a guitarist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Comment

The KD-7 trigger mechanism works just fine. It is the configuration of an inverted beater that I dislike. I don't think a bass pedal was ever meant to be used with a cantilever beater. If you tighten the return spring enough to lift the beater, the pedal is too hard to push down. I have a VertiKik that works great!

Comment

Well, I have built two different brackets for mounting kick triggers upright. I have built one for the KD-7 and one for the Pintech K-3. I have a Pintech CC-101-ST I am not using that I plan to construct a bracket for to use it as a kick drum. Anybody want more info?

Comment

I like the KD-7 the best because of the thick, mushy feeling trigger. It is closest to a real drum.

Comment

A long, long time ago someone in this forum created the famous "Extension Thingie". He made a prototype out of wood that it could be folded!
                    Though no pictures were ever seen reports said it worked perfectly. Unfortunately the creator went missing... or are you lurking L?

[This message has been edited by boismenu (edited January 18, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
                    X