Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Broken pd7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken pd7

Ok, here's my symptom: I can play 1/8 notes on my pd7(HH) and it MIGHT trigger half of them. I can switch to one of my pd9's, and it works fine.

I used to play a td-7 kit at church and had pads stop working completely (usually HH or snare), but I was able to fix them by resoldering the connection to the circuit board. The solder connections on my pd7 are fine.

Any ideas?

btw, I've got an unexpanded td-10, stereo cable that came with the pad, ... (supposed to be getting the tdw-1 by next week. )

(and yes, I did a search )
    Raffy85

Originally posted by Raffy85:
    Ok, here's my symptom: I can play 1/8 notes on my pd7(HH) and it MIGHT trigger half of them. I can switch to one of my pd9's, and it works fine.

I used to play a td-7 kit at church and had pads stop working completely (usually HH or snare), but I was able to fix them by resoldering the connection to the circuit board. The solder connections on my pd7 are fine.

Any ideas?

btw, I've got an unexpanded td-10, stereo cable that came with the pad, ... (supposed to be getting the tdw-1 by next week. )

Raffy85
    Sometimes carefully taking out the little black pins (good fingernails help) and carefully peeling the pad off and "reseating" it back on again being careful to ensure the wire isn't pinched can solve this sort of problem. You can also check for loose connections at the same time.

I've had several PD-7's and PD-9's with these sorts of symptoms and it has either been a loose wire (solder joint breaks) or a pad that has somehow become poorly seated on the plastic frame. Of course, if you aren't prepared to do any soldering (very tricky on the piezos), you may not want to mess with it.

Hope this helps...

Ed
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Drumbalaya! Specializing in electronic drum equipment.
    Ed Morin [ mailto:[email protected] ]
    Phone: 866-881-9313 / 425-881-9313 FAX: 425-881-6000 http://www.drumbalaya.com

Comment

Hi,
      Check also the 1/4" female jack connector in the pad and try to clean it. I've experienced problems caused by rusty/dusty connectors
      This can be a silly hint but, did you set the trigger parameters to PD-7 in the trigger bank?
      Good luck,
      Pierre.

Originally posted by Raffy85:

Any ideas?

Raffy85

Comment

Working...
      X