Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Guitar Amp.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Amp.......

I have a crate practice guitar amp and the only way to switch from the clean channel to the overdrive is to physiclly reach over to the amp and press the button......my qestion is ...is there some way for me to electronically bypass the switch so that i could cue it with a foot switch instead and how much trouble would it be i am pretty good with wiring soldering, etc....

if anyone is multi instrument, multi talented like myself please help..........

jed

and also from me a question on this note...I have a set of V's and also play bass guitar.

Both need new amps.

Is it possible to get a good sound out of both with 1 set of PA?

answers on a postcard please...

Comment

Originally posted by studioVjeff:
      electronically bypass the switch
      Sorry, I am not multi talented like you but I don't see any reason why you couldn't use a switching box to do this. Of course it depends on the type of switch on the crate amp etc... I would pull it apart and have a good look see, figure out how it works and then design an 'external' switch (stomp box type thing) to do the same job and wire it into the amp. Anyone else want to correct me?
      Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by Jonna:
        and also from me a question on this note...I have a set of V's and also play bass guitar.

Both need new amps.

Is it possible to get a good sound out of both with 1 set of PA?

answers on a postcard please...
        If you use a mixer and some powered speakers you could use that rig for both, and just add a bass pre-amp for the bass guitar, like an SWR, or Trace Elliot, or similar. Grab a mixer with some built-in effects and you've got some simple, pretty decent-sounding delays, reverbs and chorusses (chorii?) to spruce up your sound.

Stu
        "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Working...
        X