Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-8 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-8 update

Did you guys know there was a software update released for the TD-8? I did a quick search of vdrums.com and didn't see it mentioned. I just happened to find it while browsing Roland's site.
    http://www.rolandus.com/SUPPORT/SOFTWARE/UPDATES2.HTM

Scroll down to TD-8 - they have the file for both PC and MAC. Looks like you need to update it thru a sequencer program.

I don't have a TD-8, but just thought I'd share.

Is this just new sequencer songs or is it actually new kit sounds. Anyone been brave enough to try it yet. And also what can play SMF files, can a PC? That is what it is asking!!!

Comment

I can't figure out what it's for either, but the readme file says that all custom settings will be lost after the update. SMF probably refers to the midi files that will be transferred from PC to TD-8.
      Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

SMF = Standard midi file

Comment

Originally posted by mark.king:
          SMF = Standard midi file
          Mark king? THE Mark King?????????????

------------------
          Meneer Van Zanten (sorry, in Dutch)
          My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Hey . . . it would be nice if they put in a fix for the (lack of) note chase when connecting via MIDI.

Oh... Hi Guys! I've been away travelling around Oz for 2 months, now I'm back in cold UK!!! (UK DrumR?!)

Whilst I've been gone . . did feef ever compile the 'Everything you wanted to know about V-drums, but were affraid to ask?)
            Andy
            TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

I called Roland Product Support about the Update. The guy didn't know what I was talking about so he had to call back....

And said it was for the new CY-12 V Hi-Hat, to work properly with the TD-8. So I don't need it, but for those of you who have had trouble getting it to work right this is for you.

If you don't have a MIDI file player, you can download one from Roland on the same page as the update for MAC or PC. It seems pretty straight forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Oz DrumR:
                I've been away travelling around Oz for 2 months, now I'm back in cold UK!!! (UK DrumR?!
                Hey OZ, I was wondering where you had got to. Sorry to hear about your move away from God's country. I'll think about you while I am sitting on the pristine beaches, drinking the finest icy cold bear, soaking in the sun's long hot rays....

Whilst I've been gone . . did feef ever compile the 'Everything you wanted to know about V-drums, but were affraid to ask?)
                Still waiting on that one. Some other interesting things have been happening though - check out the 'Still no FAQ' Thread. Other than that, you know how to use the search engine!
                Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by mfrzrdrum:

And said it was for the new CY-12 V Hi-Hat, to work properly with the TD-8. So I don't need it, but for those of you who have had trouble getting it to work right this is for you.
                  Hmmm. I just bought the V-HiHat (CY-12H) for my TD8, 5 days ago. Should I install this update?

My 1st impression in going from PD7 to CY-12H is that the PD7 seems to be just a bit more dynamic. Hopefully this will remedy that!

Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

Working...
                  X