Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-10 HH chick volume too low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-10 HH chick volume too low

Hi this is my first post. I have searched the archive and have not found my problem addressed directly.

The volume of the HH "chick" (depressing the HH pedal) is not very dynamic, i.e. changing the HH volume slider seems to have a much larger effect on the HH volume when hit with a stick than when the pedal is depressed.

For the most part, HH chicks get drowned out by the other instruments when I play.

Does anyone know if it is possible to independently adjust the volume of the HH chick? Would upgrading to the TDW-1 make a difference in this respect?

Yes, to the TDW-1 part of your question. It allows you to set a pedal volume independent from the pad volume.

Comment

OK, great - that answers that part. Thanks.

Comment

I believe you can adjust the volume with the TD-10 without the update. Go to where the pedal funstion is and turn up the volume. I don't have my brain handy someone should be able to verify it.

------------------
        Ted H.
        www.tocsinrocks.com
        Ted H.

Comment

Originally posted by Stixx777:
          I believe you can adjust the volume with the TD-10 without the update. Go to where the pedal funstion is and turn up the volume. I don't have my brain handy someone should be able to verify it.

That must be the mixer/volume setting. But you adjust volume for the entire pad that way, chick and stick. Sometimes that makes the stick sound louder than you want. Then it is compromise time. That was one of the bennies from the update.
          Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Boingo, I think it is a seperate volume. You go to the pedal page on the brain and adjust the volume. It only effects the sound assign to the FD-7. I know you can do it with the expanded TD-10, I think I did it with the churches TD-8 also.

------------------
            Ted H.
            www.tocsinrocks.com
            Ted H.

Comment

Stixx777 - I haven't encountered the pedal page yet. I will look.

Comment

Originally posted by Stixx777:
                Boingo, I think it is a seperate volume. You go to the pedal page on the brain and adjust the volume. It only effects the sound assign to the FD-7. I know you can do it with the expanded TD-10, I think I did it with the churches TD-8 also.

I got the exp card about a month after it was released so it's been a while since I owned the original TD-10. My comments referred to the non-expanded unit in my post.

I know that with the exp card, you press F2 and can access the pedal volume, but I don't recall being able to do that without the exp card. I thought all you could do was Select the PERCGRP, Select Sticks or Brushes or Name your Kit. When you say you access the "pedal page", what buttons are you hitting?

Someone confirmed in a similar discussion a week or so ago that the TD-8 also has this separate vol feature.

I guess we need a TD-10 w/o card owner to confirm.
                Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

OK kids. On the UNexpanded TD-10 there is no separate way to control volume of 'stick' and 'chick'. Anyone who says otherwise is dreaming!
                  Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Working...
                  X