Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Daisy chaining bass drum triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daisy chaining bass drum triggers

I have a dm pro module, and it has one input for the bass drum, but its a standard mono input so you can't use a splitter cable. my question is that, is there any drum trigger units that connect into each other then using one cable for that input? I have a yamaha kp60 and currently waiting for a pintech k3 i bought for cheap, would that work? What units are there avaible? any help I would be grateful for! Thanks Ed

I don't know about the Yamaha KP60 or Pintech K3, but you can daisy-chain two Roland KD-7's together.
    E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
    A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

Tell me why any typical Y-adapter cannot work.

Comment

Hi marc, the bass drum input cant use a trs or y cable becasue its only one input and not 2. Its a pin not a ring, if that helps. Thanks

Comment

Ed,
          seems like a mono y-adapter would still work - have you actually tried it? You just wouldn't be able to tweak each trigger independently(which could be a pain in the ass). Just out of curiosity, have you maxed out all 16 inputs on the dmpro? If so, you must have a good sized set! If not, why not just use an open input for the second bass?
          Mike
          ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

Comment

Something 'like' this won't work ??????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.:
              Something 'like' this won't work ??????????????????????

Here is a perfect example of why the board needs a FAQ. Marc, I believe this question has been discussed before, but I don't blame you for asking again, because I've tried the "search" function to get the answer as well and it's very tough to find, in fact I'm not even sure of the answer..... different inputs of the drum brain have different characteristics (stereo, dual, etc), and different triggers have different characteristics as well (piezo triggering vs. fsr), and there are different types of cables too, all of which affects the answer to your question about using a y-jack. Try searching for "Y" or "y jack" or "y-jack" or "chaining", maybe someone has tried this before.

Comment

Originally posted by darrenmc:
                FAQ-SCHMAQ!

Daisy-chaining cannot be rocket science!

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.:
                  FAQ-SCHMAQ!

Daisy-chaining cannot be rocket science!
                  Roket Scientest to the rescue! Marc.'s suggestion should work. Try it. It don't matter if you use a mono version or a stereo version.

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
                    Marc.'s suggestion should work
                    Agreed!!!
                    Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

The standard "check the FAQ" or "try a search" reponses are getting to be old. A forum board like this is supposed to be about helping people out, not telling them "do a search." Lighten up, people.

Marc, a standard mono Y-splitter will work if you don't need to tweak both bass drums. But if you already plan on getting a Pintech K3, you won't need the splitter. The K3 has an extra 1/4" jack for daisy chaining. I know, because I have one. I chain my Pintech Silentech pad with the K3 inverted pad.
                      "I'm not a guitarist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Comment

Well if lots of you agree it may work i will try it when I get the K3, I was wondering because it had said somehting in the manual about hooking 2 trigger to a non dual trigger input and it would not work properly, I dont know for sure, but I will see. Thanks everyone

Comment

Originally posted by darrenmc:
                          Here is a perfect example of why the board needs a FAQ. Marc, I believe this question has been discussed before, but I don't blame you for asking again, because I've tried the "search" function to get the answer as well and it's very tough to find, in fact I'm not even sure of the answer..... different inputs of the drum brain have different characteristics (stereo, dual, etc), and different triggers have different characteristics as well (piezo triggering vs. fsr), and there are different types of cables too, all of which affects the answer to your question about using a y-jack. Try searching for "Y" or "y jack" or "y-jack" or "chaining", maybe someone has tried this before.

FAQ SCHMAQ, JUST ASK, PERIOD. There are plenty of experienced folks here that are generous enough with their time to answer a question, even if its a simple one. And Thanks to you all! ROCK ON!
                          VPRO set, DW5000 double pedal, Tama Iron Cobra, KD-120 & KD-7, KC-500 monitor.

Comment

Do not underestimate the power of the search.
                            Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

The search function is great but it can be very unwielding and difficult to wade through for some serches. Especially the technical questions because alot of the results are fluff and don't give you the real answer. You have to wade through many results and kind of piece mail the answers together to get the answer your looking for. If someone can take the time to say "use the search" then can't they just answer the question for them? Also, there might be many other people who are just curious in the answer but it doesn't really pertain to them and don't want to have to go through a comlicated search because they are just curious. For some of the regular questions, ie. where did my presets go when I expanded my TD-10, a FAQ would go along way. Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X