Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

More V-drums than trigger inputs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More V-drums than trigger inputs?

Hi all,

after lurking around this excellent discussion forum for a while (and learning a lot from many of your posts), I have one question:

Some pictures of other people's V-Drum kits seem to have more instruments (drums/cymbals) connected than there are trigger inputs on a TD-10. How do they do it? Split cables? Extra TD-10?

Thanks,
    Tim

Greetings Tim and welcome to the madness . To answer your question about that you see more pads then inputs is that yes you would add an extra brain, whether that be a second TD-10, or in my case I added a TD-8 to go with my TD-10. Also I have a SPD-20 which has pad inputs in the back. Some people also have gone with different brand brains as an addition. Anyway, hope this helps.

B.Kidd

Comment

Tim,

You can also use a trigger to MIDI converter like the Roland PM16 or the KAT MIDIKiti. This allows almost endless inputs to be used on the sam brain. Check out my original post on this topic here: http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000261.html

Comment

I use an Alesis D4 for my extra inputs (I put all my Visu-lite cymbals into it) and midi that up to the TD-10. I don't use any actual sounds from the D4. I think they can be picked up for pretty cheap.

Comment

Sssssccchhhhh, don't anyone mention the 'Holy Grail'. Maybe this thread will just go away without anyone having to provide an explanation!
          Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by Steveo the Devo:
            Sssssccchhhhh, don't anyone mention the 'Holy Grail'. Maybe this thread will just go away without anyone having to provide an explanation!
            I was thinking the same thing.
            :rolleyes:

Comment

Steveo and Jgel are up to mischief. The cyber equivalent of starting a fire to watch it burn. Hee. Hee. Hee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim P:
                ...How do they do it? Split cables? Extra TD-10?

Thanks,
                Tim
                Use Almighty & Honorable Search Engine.

Keyword : Feefer

[This message has been edited by Marc. (edited January 08, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
                X