Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

CY's turning to the left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CY's turning to the left

Okť, I Finally tried out one CY-15 a CY-14 and a CY-12. The test was not so well because I must do it on a TD-8.
    Besides that the attack and the sensitivity was worse than my PD-9, what border me the most was that the cymbals turn about 90 degrees to the left when I hooked them up on a symbol stand. Recording to the manual the ROLAND logo must be on top, but when I did that it turns to the left.
    When the cymbal turns to the left there is no sensitivity on the left side of the cymbal. (on the place where the ROLAND logo is). How can I prevent that the cymbal is turning to the left.
    The guy at the store tells me I can try them out at home on my TD-10 before I buy them, but if canít stop the cymbals from turning I donít think that I will have them at all.

Anybody please? The look is great but the feel sucks at this time.

Groeten,

Peter

------------------
    Meneer Van Zanten (sorry, in Dutch)
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Peter,
    The CYs new in a box should come with a notched piece that goes over the end of the cymbal mount before dropping the cymbal in. This notched piece locks in place and the cymbal sits on top. This keeps the cymbal from turning side to side (no spinning on axis). When installed properly, they will not turn like that.

Also, the CYs really must be experience with a TD-10exp with V-cymbal control to get all the benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by dr. kildrum:
      Peter,
      The CYs new in a box should come with a notched piece that goes over the end of the cymbal mount before dropping the cymbal in.

Also, the CYs really must be experience with a TD-10exp with V-cymbal control to get all the benefit.

Thank you dr. Kildrum!

I will go back to the store and ask for the notched piece.
      I already knew about the TDW-1 , thanks, I did order that thing a week ago. Well now I'm looking forward for trying the CY's out at home. Let you know how it went....

Groeten,

Peter

------------------
      My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

This is what it looks like...

Comment

Way to go animal! The little thingie protruding to the right tightens the piece on with a normal drum key. The CY-6 has a corresponding notch on it's underside that sits on the little "roof".

Comment

Don't give up on the CY-6, Peter. I got one for Christmas and find the playablilty to be very good. It's easier to trigger the rim than on the PD-7's I was using. And the choking technique is practically effortless--no special touch needed.

Now, if only we could see wide-scale availability of the new Roland crash/ride cymbal...at a price closer to the CY-6 than the V-cymbal....

Comment

Originally posted by animal:
              This is what it looks like...
              Animale Thanks for the clear pict!! How did you do that so quick, do you have a digital camara?

Groeten,

Peter

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by K-Chuck:
                Don't give up on the CY-6, Peter.
                Hi K-Chuck,

Thanks for your reply, I want a 14 inch crash for my kit. Unfortunately, they make the CY-6 only in 12 inch size. So I have to buy the much expensive CY-14.
                Btw I see you are using a Yamaha Kick. Is that an upstanding one? And how do you like it comparing to a KD-7? Does it produce lesser noise? What does it cost?
                You see a lot of questions about the kick. Maybe I'm gonna buy one.
                I also gonna try your Crest toothpaste

Groeten,

Peter

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by mrVRock:
                  Animale Thanks for the clear pict!! How did you do that so quick, do you have a digital camara?
                  Yes, Santa brought me one

Comment

Originally posted by animal:
                    Yes, Santa brought me one
                    A Digital camera for you and a CY-6 for K-chuck
                    Sante was very good to you guy's this year!!
                    I only got some tools so I can (must) fix my house.

Groeten,

Peter

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by mrVRock:
                      Btw I see you are using a Yamaha Kick. Is that an upstanding one? And how do you like it comparing to a KD-7? Does it produce lesser noise? What does it cost?
                      [/B]
                      Actually, Peter, the Yamaha is just the pedal I use. The kick trigger itself is the KD-80. I don't know how it compares to the KD-7, but I like the upright KD-80 and have no problems with it. It's also less expensive than the larger KD-120, although I see you like the larger drums.

And Crest toothpaste is an important piece of gear to keep the drummer's teeth white and keep his breath fresh!

Comment

Working...
                      X