Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Serious Problem: Can't get into this site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Problem: Can't get into this site!

This is strange. At home, my net connection for vdrums.com times out as if the site was down. (it does it with CNN.com also) I am also experiencing a long delay when I start up the net. It takes a long time to find the proxy server (or something real similar). I'm able to connect after about 45 seconds and the other sites seem to work ok. I'm on cable and this stuff usually kicks right in.

I am not familiar with the connection settings - heck, I don't even know where they are for cable. I was familiar with the standard 56k modem settings.

I use IE 5.5 and have looked at the internet options settings under Tools, but don't see anything out of the ordinary.

Any suggestions on what to look for would be appreciated. After tomorrow, I am faced with no vdrums.com for 12 days. I get the shakes just thinking about it.

I wonder if my wife had anything to do with this? If so, we had better get this fixed before she spreads the word. Helpppp!
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

I have a cable connection as well and have problems similar to yours sometimes as well. Search your computer for winipcfg.exe, with that program you can reset your connection. For me that works, hope for you too!

Greetings,
    Pieter

------------------
    http://mpcman.flappie.nl
    Music was my first love...

Comment

Twelve days you say...ouch, how are you going to manage? I got hooked on this site so much that when I went out of town for a week and forgot to bring my laptop I was going nuts without the vdrum connection. I feel for you Boingo.

BTW, try to clean your cache, it might help. Also, is the signal from your cable being split between another computer(s)?

------------------
      szvook
      Studio

Comment

I run Win98SE. I have cleaned the cache and history numerous times. There is a Cookies directory which I have also cleaned out. I ran a utility by Microsoft called RegClean which cleans out some orphaned files in the registry. I looked at the settings under Internet Options, Content and Security and didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

I also went to uninstall IE Explorer. If you do that, you get an option to fix corrupted files. Didn't help.

I'll try Pietre's suggestion tonight. I think I have read or browsed through every post for the past year or more. This is going to be a strange holiday. I had better not think about it. I'm getting teary eyed and starting to shake.

Hmmm, I still have the phone connection. Maybe I'll have to install NetZero.

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited December 19, 2001).]
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Hi Boingo

Sometimes I find that if I go into Control panel - settings - and bring up the network window, and hit "OK", the computer does some work and it helps occasionally.
          Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

I learned a little about my settings but was still unable to fix the problem. Out of the blue, it just started working. Go figure!

It's embarrasing to think about how many times I tried the site while home over the holidays. Now I am free to lurk in the shadows and occasionally chime in.

Has Redbrick ever got those samples of his last recorded gig finished?

Comment

Working...
            X