Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hart Dynamics Snare/Ecymbal II Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart Dynamics Snare/Ecymbal II Ride

I just got my Hart Giga Pro/TD-10. It works pretty good right out of the box. However, I have some questions for you guys since I don't know anything. Why does the Hart snare only reqire one stereo cable, but the Ecymbal II Ride requires a Y'ed cable into two inputs? Doesn't the snare have two triggers on it? Is there a way to use one stereo cable and one input for the ride?

Assuming you are using a TD-10 for a module, the snare input is a dual trigger input. (So are the crash, ride and aux inputs but with variations). Do a search with terms like piezo and fsr for detail on this subject which gets a little complicated.

I don't know much about the Hart cymbals so I can't answer that question, but I do remember seeing it answered here before. (Just don't remember what was said.)

Comment

Peter Hart gave some info regarding the cymbals recently.
      http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000432.html

------------------
      szvook
      Studio

Comment

I looked at the post from Phill Hart. I understood about half of it. He lost me after a while. It just got really confusing. It sounded like he was saying you could use one input, but I couldn't tell if he meant it would be 2 true separate ride and bell sounds or not.

Comment

Originally posted by snared:
          ...sounded like he was saying you could use one input, but I couldn't tell if he meant it would be 2 true separate ride and bell sounds or not.
          In #1 Peter explains how you can use one input, but you will have one sound. (He points out if you select an "x" ride sound, these generally automatically add bell sound if you hit harder. By adjusting the settings you can get a decent ride/with bell accents.) You can't pick each sound, but you get a ride with bell feel.

In #2, he explains how to y-cable for two distinct (separate) sounds. This however, requires the use of two inputs. Good suggestions.

[This message has been edited by dr. kildrum (edited September 24, 2001).]

Comment

Thanx Dr.

I think I maybe understand now. I'll just mess with it a little. When I use the ride its mostly for the bell sound anyway. So maybe I'll do that to save an input.

Comment

...When I use the ride its mostly for the bell sound anyway. So maybe I'll do that to save an input.
              If you're leaning towards using only one input, try out the "X" ride samples as suggested (toward the end of the rides). You will get just ride sound when you play soft, and bell sound when you play louder. If you find one of these transitioning sounds that you like, you can adjust the settings to get it to trigger just right for your playing style.

Comment

Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the bell and bow sections individually? That way its more acurate with playing soft for the bow and harder for the bell. It doesn't seem as thought there is, but I thought I'd ask incase I may have overlooked something.

Comment

Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the bell and bow sections individually?

If you are only using the Ride input no. For the Ride input only, refer back to the above link from Hart.

If you are using the Ride and AUX inputs together, then yes. You can assign the bell sound to one input and tweak it to your liking.

------------------
                  szvook
                  Studio

Comment

OK thats what I thought, thanx.

Comment

I think I will use only one input for the ride. I never use the bow section anyway. I want to get some more cymbal pads in the future. So that will free up some inputs.

Comment

I think I will use only one input for the ride. I never use the bow section anyway. I want to get some more cymbal pads in the future. So that will free up some inputs.
                        I feel the same.

------------------
                        szvook
                        Studio

Comment

Well I tried the rideX sound. It works OK. Doesn't work as well as I'd like. I can't get it to be sensitive enough for the soft hits(trigger bow sound). It seems to be too sensitive for the bell sound(bell almost allways sounds when hitting the ride). Any tips on how to adjust the sensitivity?

Comment

Try adjusting the velocity curve so that the bell sound occurs only when you hit the bell.

Also - The sensitivity should be adjusted to your playing style, if set to high, you might miss some of the dynamics.

------------------
                            szvook
                            Studio

Comment

I think I'm gettin' there. More tweaking!

Comment

Working...
                              X