Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

upgrade to pd-120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade to pd-120

i've recently fulfilled a lifelong dream to play the drums by signing up for lessons and i'm loving it! i purchased a v-club set with td-6 and upgraded the snare to a pd-120. the manual says i should get distinct head and rim sounds by plugging in to the snare input but i can't get the rim sound. any thoughts?

o.f.

Does the snare input from the TD-6 require a stereo cable? I don't have a TD-6 here but it's in your manual for sure..
    Robert

Comment

Yes, it does require a stereo cable. The one that came with the PD 120 should work fine. You will also have to change the "pad type" setting for it to work properly.

[This message has been edited by cliff (edited December 30, 2001).]

Comment

Changing the pad type did it! ... thanks. Now on to the quest to find the perfect sounds ... anyone got any favorites?

Comment

One suggestion when checking snares (and other drum sounds): Be sure to vary the heads on them. There's a huge difference in sound between the clear, pinstripe and coated heads! (I'm pretty sure you can do this on the TD-6 as well.) Other adjustments (tension, depth, etc.) have a lesser effect onthe sound.

Comment

Working...
          X