Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my first E-kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first E-kit

hi all, i've just ordered my first E-kit the roland td8k so is there any kind soul with advice for a beginner such as drum pedals or drum sticks to use (or can i just use any!) and any tips on set ups. many thanks to any one who replies the help will be greatly appreciated

------------------

I would suggest nylon tip stick of your favorite size. I found that nylon tips reduce visible wear on the rubber pads. It is a smooth surface hitting the pad no "jaggies" from the stick hitting it. Get a nice throne(seat) and a smooth kick drum pedal with a plate on the bottom. Enjoy the kit I know you will.

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

Comment

This is just a little bit of drum theology, I guess. When I went "E" I decided I wasn't going to approach the set as an accoustic player going electric. I tried to convince myself that I was just going to be playing a differant kind of instrument. Kind of like how the playing techniques of a stand-up bass player compare to an electric bass player. I figured that was the best way to get used to the PD-9 cymbals. So far it's working well. I don't know if any of this makes since. I hope it helps in some way. It's just my brain prep to going "E". And as always, we thank you for your support.
      [email protected]

Comment

Working...
      X