Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

my first E-kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first E-kit

hi all, i've just ordered my first E-kit the roland td8k so is there any kind soul with advice for a beginner such as drum pedals or drum sticks to use (or can i just use any!) and any tips on set ups. many thanks to any one who replies the help will be greatly appreciated

------------------

I would suggest nylon tip stick of your favorite size. I found that nylon tips reduce visible wear on the rubber pads. It is a smooth surface hitting the pad no "jaggies" from the stick hitting it. Get a nice throne(seat) and a smooth kick drum pedal with a plate on the bottom. Enjoy the kit I know you will.

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

Comment

This is just a little bit of drum theology, I guess. When I went "E" I decided I wasn't going to approach the set as an accoustic player going electric. I tried to convince myself that I was just going to be playing a differant kind of instrument. Kind of like how the playing techniques of a stand-up bass player compare to an electric bass player. I figured that was the best way to get used to the PD-9 cymbals. So far it's working well. I don't know if any of this makes since. I hope it helps in some way. It's just my brain prep to going "E". And as always, we thank you for your support.
      [email protected]

Comment

Working...
      X