Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

M-512E Memory card questions???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M-512E Memory card questions???

I just purchased the M-512E.

Is it ok to leave the card plugged in to the TD10 all the time? Or should I unplug it when I don't use it?

Is it possible to save more than 50 kits on the card?

How can I load a single patch from the card? Or save a single patch?

I can't seem to find any info on this...If you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!

Yes, you can leave the card in most of the time. (Take it out when re-initializing, etc.)

I don't think you can store anything more than the 50 kit dump on it.

You can load kits one at a time using the copy feature, you are actually exchanging something in the user area with something else, it can be from the card or from the other stored kits.

Comment

You can also copy/exchange your trigger settings, studio and control room settings, individual instruments, etc. It is all in the TD-10 manual. Instead of looking for info on the card function, look at the use of copy function.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Long time ago - when the dogs barked out of their bottom - I owned an Octapad and the manual from that thing adviced not to leave the memory card in the device because otherwise the battery would live shorter.
        Robert

Comment

My assumption is the battery maintains the data. If you remove it, you lose it (that's a fact - I've done it). So, I would think it is constantly supplying the small charge it needs to maintain the data.

I'm not sure if the card loses data immediately after removing the battery or if it holds it for a brief period, say 30 secs to a min or so (which would be useful for replacing the battery). I can verify that later.

As far as leaving the card in, I have done it for months at a time, during reinitializing, loading and saving to PC, power outages, etc with no ill effects. As a general rule, it would probably be good advice to remove it and store it in a safe place until you need it. It would also be a good idea to unplug the TD-10 during storms or long periods of inactivity. (And kids, never turn off the unit in a middle of a card load or save!)

Ah, how we disect the little things in e-drum life. Consider it my diversion while working on a Saturday.
          Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Why is it that when I turn on the TD10 with the card inserted or when I plug in the card after the TD10 is turned on I get:

"WARNING, Old TD10 data!!
            Some parameters can not be loaded"

"Accept"( which I do..then everything is fine)

Is this normal?

Comment

Originally posted by munkee:
              Thanks for the info!

Why is it that when I turn on the TD10 with the card inserted or when I plug in the card after the TD10 is turned on I get:

"WARNING, Old TD10 data!!
              Some parameters can not be loaded"

"Accept"( which I do..then everything is fine)

Is this normal?
              Do you have the TD-10 with or without the TDW-1 expansion card? When the mem card last had data saved to it, was it data from a TD-10 w/o the exp. card?

Assuming you have the exp card and a mem card with old TD-10 format data:
              The exp card has additional data to save, such as hi hat volume. Also, some of the settings have been enhanced such as sensitivity settings. So, the data is different and it is telling you that.

At this point, you need to decide which kits you want in the user area, i.e., what is already in the user area, or what is on your mem card.

To keep the current user area data, just do a bulk save to the mem card.

To put what is on the card into the user area and convert it to TDW-1 format, do a bulk load from the mem card and follow it with a bulk save to the mem card.

The bulk save converts everything to the TDW-1 format.

If you have a TD-10 w/o the exp card, nevermind. I have no idea why you would get this message.

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited December 16, 2001).]

Comment

Thanks Boingo!

I have the TD10 Expanded. However, when I purchased the card I loaded all the original kits from a non expanded TD10 at the store.

Comment

I would think that leaving the card in could be risky in the event of a good power surge. Of course we're all useing power regulators, aren't we? But, you never know. And as always, we thank you for your support.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X