Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TDW-1 dumping extrodinaire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAH2112
    replied
    Here's something to think about. Would you own a computer and not back up your hard drive or at least keep a copy of Windows after you set your computer up for the first time. Think of that memory card in that respect. It's a small insurance policy. I bought one just for that reason. Also, I played out live a couple months ago and had to do a lot of last minute changes to 4 or 5 kits. I didn't have time to make notes on all the changes. It was no sweat though. When I got back home I just restored the individual kits from my "hard copy", my memory card. I hope this helps. And as always, we thank you for your support.

Leave a comment:

• Algee
    replied
    No, i went ahead and just installed. I mean, i didnt have THAT much stuff saved. maybe one whole custom kit and a few here and there edited, but thats about it. i wrote down everything i thought i would need and proceeded.

but i have a new problem read my next post "tdw-1 nightmare"

thanks a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Daveb
    replied
    There are two version of vkittrans around that will allow you to copy, bulk save etc. One for the TD10 (available via Vdrums website) and a beta version for TD10ex.

Would a copy of these help?

Leave a comment:

• Algee
    started a topic TDW-1 dumping extrodinaire

TDW-1 dumping extrodinaire

Hey all me fellow drummers.

So it's christmas and low and behold I got a TDW-1. Sounds good...until I read the manual.

It said that custom kits are lost. So naturally I got onto this message board to find some answers.

As I understand, you can save your custom kits via the Roland memory card or by bulk dumping to another midi system.

Well, I don't have a card, and I'd never need one but for this reason alone, and I'm definitly not going to pay another $100 for a card I'm going to use once! Roland tricked me!

But I have one more option -- bulk dumping. Hmm...The only other midi system I own is an 'not so nice' Yamaha PSR-220. Its a lower class keyboard I picked up for $40. But it's a full midi system with an in and an out.

It has a record option, but that's all I know of. So would you think that it could possibly handle a bulk dump from my TD-10?

Working...
X