Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hart Ecymbal HH are in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart Ecymbal HH are in...

I just received my ecymbal II HH and I cant wait to get it home and try it out. I hear that nothing compares to playing it except an acoustic hat.
    Stu.

True that.

------------------
    Outboard gear: Focusrite Compounder, Drawmer DL-241, BBE-482, Aphex C-104, Behringer T1951 4-Band Parametric Tube EQ, Lexicon MPX1, Mackie 1402-VLZ, (Crown K2 amp & Cerwin Vega V-253 speakers = 1600 watts @ 4 ohms continues power, peak at 3000 watts) and Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones.
    Studio

Comment

szvook,
      what are the settings that you prefer with a TD-8 and Hart Ecymbal II Hats?
      thx for the help.
      Stu.

Comment

Sensitivity – 9
        Threshold – 2
        Curve – Linear
        Scan time – 2.4
        Retrigcancel – 3
        Masktime – 0
        Crosstalk – 30
        Pad type – 10A

I have also tried the setting Peter Hart put on his site – http://www.hartdynamics.com/products...gs/roland.html

But for me keeping the toms/cymbals and kick at 10A works better for overall sound output. I’ve had my Hart’s for quite a while and at that time Hart recommended 12A & 10A pad types to use. The info above was added not too long ago by Peter, but never the less I have kept the original pad type setting – except for the choke cymbals, the pad type cant be 10A in order for it to choke.

BTW, do you use any outboard gear?

------------------
        Outboard gear: Focusrite Compounder, Drawmer MX-30, BBE-482, Aphex C-104, Behringer T1951 4-Band Parametric Tube EQ, Lexicon MPX1, Mackie 1402-VLZ, (Crown K2 amp & Cerwin Vega V-253 speakers = 1600 watts @ 4 ohms continues power, peak at 3000 watts) and Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones.

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited December 22, 2001).]
        Studio

Comment

Hi Mr Szvook, I have two questions on outboard gear. First one, have you had a chance to play with the Drawmer MX40 the "Punch Gate " ? It looks like it may be pretty cool with E-Drums. Also how do have all your outboard gear routed? Thanks Dean

Comment

I would highly recommend anything by Drawmer, top-notch gear period! Although I have not heard the MX40 my self, I have heard the DS201 applied to edrums and it sounded great. The MX40 is somewhat similar to the DS201 but it does incorporate a new feature - Peak Punch mode and I have heard from sound engineers that new feature is worth the money, plus it's a quad Gate which is a good touch from one unit. The only drawback could be the ins and outs are balanced so you will have to get balanced to unbalanced leads if using unbalanced consoles insert points.

The gates from Drawmer were the "bread and butter" for the company and that (gates) is how they build their name, so I would highly recommend Drawmer products – you will know right away where the money went and what a difference that makes on your drums. Many top engineers and FOH’s swear by Drawmer’s gates and compressors, I believe Marilyn Manson’s engineer only uses Drawmer gates.

The MX line seems to be a cheaper way to obtain Drawmer’s professional gear and it’s about time, they have also packed more into the MX line (less is more) to cut back on time spend tweaking - Drawmer is probably the best gear when it comes to automation circuitry. Since Drawmer’s gear is not cheapby any means, this helps Drawmer to attract many other people who would like to have top notch gear but don’t want to shell out that much right away but still get the classic Drawmer performance. It seems that a lot of UK companies that make top quality gear cost the most (Drawmer, Focusrite, Joe Meek) and the British gear does stand out quite a bit when used for signal processing and that will be noticed when applied to edrums or anything else.

I am actually going to get the MX30 next; I will be selling my DL241 and will try the MX30. I got a great deal on the DL241 so I will sell it for the market value, pocket half of the money and buy the MX30 with the other half; Its my own gift to myself this Christmas.

My rig:

The master outs (M_L kick & M_R snare) are going to the Focusrite Compounder then to the BBE. From there into my Mackie – channel 1 & 2.

The direct outs (D_L toms/percussion & D_R all cymbals) are going into the Drawmer DL241 then to the Aphex C-104, from there into my Mackie – channel 3 & 4.

The mixer sends are going into the Behringer Tube T1951 EQ and then fed in to my amp and out to my speakers. The aux sends for channel 1-4 on the Mackie are being fed the effects from the Lexicon MPX-1 so I can monitor the amount of effects for the kick, snare and the rest of the TD-8.

------------------
            Outboard gear: Focusrite Compounder, Drawmer DL-241, BBE-482, Aphex C-104, Behringer T1951 4-Band Parametric Tube EQ, Lexicon MPX1, Mackie 1402-VLZ, (Crown K2 amp & Cerwin Vega V-253 speakers = 1600 watts @ 4 ohms continues power, peak at 3000 watts) and Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones.

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited December 24, 2001).]
            Studio

Comment

Working...
            X