Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD10 editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD10 editor

Is there a midi editor for the TD10 so I can edit my sounds by computer? I always need to get out of my chair and away from my monitors.

------------------

this is a very interesting question to me. since much of the COSM information is encoded in the MIDI implementation is there a way to edit this in a non-programmatic way?

my guess would be that, since most MIDI editors operate on such high-level information, that actually editing the COSM data via MIDI would be very difficult to do using a standard MIDI editor.

someone please correct me if i am wrong!

groeten.

[This message has been edited by digitsone (edited November 25, 2001).]

Comment

bump. anyone, anyone? bueller?

after looking at the manual i would raise my own "no" bet even further. it seems like you'd have to know exactly what values you want and then would have to code these values in hexadecimal at their respective offsets in each midi packet. doesn't sound like much fun.

Comment

I was going to suggest MIDIQuest by Sound Quest (www.squest.com) but I just checked and they don't have support for any of the V-Drum modules. They have support for E-Mu Procussion, Alesis D4, DM5, DMPro...so maybe in the next few years they might add the TD-6/8/10 modules. It sure would be nice, but not really necessary for the actual sound parameters. Maybe for the global params.
        "I'm not a guitarist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Comment

Originally posted by digitsone:

groeten.

well done digit!

Groetjes,

Peter
          My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

I don't understand. They (Roland for example) have editors for all kind of synth modules. Is it that difficult, for Roland, to make one for de TD-10? I'll ask them!!

de hartelijke groete maar weer,

Comment

Would the MIDI implematation (sp?) chart have anything to do with this?

[This message has been edited by Prototype (edited December 18, 2001).]
              http://www.evolbeats.com

Comment

No! I just want to edit my drumkits with the computer, so that I don't have to get away from my monitors.

Comment

You should use Sounddiver from Emagic.

Check it out on www.emagic.de

Works Great!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by johnber:
                    You should use Sounddiver from Emagic.

Check it out on www.emagic.de

Works Great!!!!!
                    I've read where the TD-10 is supported by Sounddiver and was thinking about getting this anyway becase it looks like a pretty neat organization tool. Could you be specific about what it lets you manipulate with respect to the TD-10? As much detail as you can be bothered to give. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by dr. kildrum (edited December 20, 2001).]

Comment

Sounddiver lets you change all parameters in the PC of the tD 10.
                      With all I mean all the ones you can change yourself within the TD 10, and thats a lot!

Further it has a clear layout,and last but not least you can change parameters realtime while a sequence is playing.This you cant do in the TD 10!!!

For instance change the pitch of the snare while the loop is playing.

Hope this gives you an idea.

Best regards John

Comment

Thanks, John. Sounds great. I love that visual interface too. I think I'm gonna have to get it. Appreciate your response.

Comment

Sorry guys, still a newbe in some regards, DOES the MIDI implematation (sp?) chart have anything to do with this?

a yes or no answer would really help out with my understanding of this... strange section in the back of my manual.

thanks

[This message has been edited by Prototype (edited December 21, 2001).]

Comment

I think this...

since much of the COSM information is encoded in the MIDI implementation

answers my question.

Comment

Yeah, thanks guys. Sounddiver must be the right tool foor this. It works with Cubase to I guess?

Groetjes,

Comment

Working...
                              X