Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

uh-oh,I got problems here guys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uh-oh,I got problems here guys.

Ok,I got a exp. td-10,hart accu pads,were this is concerned.I played 3 sets when I noticed this god awful hiss,almost like a light,real fast crosstalk thing.so,I dropped my slides,1 at a time,find it is in my toms.pull cables one at a time from the module,still there,drop them all out,still there.The little trigger light is on,that sound is playing,and I cant make it stop.So,I re-initialize.IT'S Still there!,re-initialize again,still there.I am stumped.I wonder if it is time to change the battery,for it is about 3-4 years old.but,why would it be only on the toms?
    I appreciate any insight here.Untill this thing is back up to snuff,I have to use my dm-5,and we all remember those don't we.No offense alesis,but I'm just used to my td-10.
    thanks yall
    Bad Karma

Is the hiss still there if you disconnect all the cables, not just the toms?

Comment

Sounds like you're hearing the high noise floor from one of the samples you have dialed up, or just noise from the preamp section of the module. I get it too, but when playing live or recording, my signal-to-noise ratio has always been adequate, and I've never gotten much in the way of noticable noise.

Something to check: In either individual instrument settings or master EQ, do you have any high-frequency boost? This, while making a sharper attack, also raises the high-frequency hissing noises. Just a thought.

-Danny
      -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Damn! Talk about "bad karma"!!!

Comment

Just kidding!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by snared:
            Damn! Talk about "bad karma"!!!
            I was going to say the same thing ......

------------------
            ~REDMAN~
            ~REDMAN~

Comment

Hey.
              Yes,it is there if all the cables are pulled.
              I called roland today,I am sending it to them for a while.BTW fartknocker,I checked your suggestions,no,avail,good suggestion though.
              I guess I deserve the ribbing from you other 2,I'll be in a better mood when my td-10 is back home.
              Later
              Bad Karma

Comment

Well,I tried to re-initialize again,and..........TA-DA!!!!!!,it works.Roland said I may change the battery out,that may have been a factor.Thanx for the suggestions fartnokker(love that name)and florida drummer.
                If only women could be re-initialized....
                Sorry,kinda rambled off there.
                later kids.
                Bad Karma

Comment

Originally posted by bad karma:
                  If only women could be re-initialized....
                  but what are the factory defaults?

My girlfriend also makes high-frequency hissing noises...

[This message has been edited by Pleiadian (edited December 15, 2001).]

Comment

You guys crack me up!!! Thanx!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X