Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

td6, the closest sound to a acoustic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• td6, the closest sound to a acoustic?

i did a search for this subject but could not find one if there is a post which refers to this subject then please direct me to it and ignore this

i have just recently bought a td6 and i am very happy with it, i know the sound of your drums is personal preference but i am using just the preset drum kits at the moment but what i would like to know is, has anyone programmed and edited what they feel is the most realistic real drum kit sound available on the td6?
    i know different styles of music uses different drum sounds but i play rock/hard rock, so has anyone created a kit they think is just perfect, if so can you put your choices of drum sounds and the parameters on here?

thanks

I don't have a TD-6, so I can't really help you here except to say "experiment, experiment, experiment". The more tweaking you do, the more sounds you will discover that are to your liking. Perhaps you can go through the manual and mark off the sounds you think are good by default (make sure the settings for that particular pad are zeroed out when you listen) and then go back and start tweaking the ones you liked.

As for actual samples, the "Meat" kick seems to be fairly popular around here. Don't know if the TD-6 has that one or not...
    Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Hi Robbo,

I'm not at home right now so I can't check this, but I think the 'acoustic' set sounds pretty damn close to a real acoustic set.
      I personally like the 'studio 1' set (# 27) very much. I don't know why but it just sounds right to me. especially the TOM sounds are great.

Just try all sets and don't be afraid to tweak the sets to your own preferences. If you mess it up too much you can always go back to the Factory settings to restore the original kits (see the manual).

Good luck and have fun.

Johan van Emmerik

Comment

Yeah, I've been using the "User Kit" (99) to store the best sounding drums I come across in the various kits. It's a work in progress, but it's sounding good so far. And as Johan said, play around with it, you can always reset just that kit
        -Pete

Comment

thanks guys for your help

i have been trying different sounds and i am slowly building the kits, but i configure them at home with the headphones and they sound great, then you put them through a p.a. and then they need all kinds of adjustments!

Comment

I am using #21 with 150 for snare, 23 for kick, 565 for hi-hats, 604 and 605 crashes, 23 for kick, attck toms 453-456, and rock ride 646. I actually think I have replaced everything on kit 21, but it was a good one to start with. Ambience is set to 60 in a Large glass studio.

Comment

thanks guys, i'll try your kit animal

Comment

Working...
              X