Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

rim triggering, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rim triggering, help!

hi
    i have just bought a td6 and i bought a extra pad, the pd9 for the dual triggering, i set the rim trigger sound to a nice rock snare rim sound but the problem is, when i hit it, it sometimes triggers the snare drum sound, i went in into the settings and there are rim sensativity settings for other pads but not the pd9, how do i make sure the rim trigger only triggers the rim shot sound?
    any help would be great thanks

Try increasing the scan time. This should help to isolate the rim trigger, but too much and you might notice a delay and/or missed hits. And make sure you have the right pad selected in your trigger settings.

[This message has been edited by ufotofu (edited December 04, 2001).]
    Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Also try experimenting with different angles when you hit the rim. Personally I have never seen a rim that triggers 100% perfectly every time, but you can get it up to 95% at least. Any variation is most likely due to the strike angle I reckon (after the settings have been configured).
      Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

The TD-6 does have a setting for a PD-9 pad, as shown in the small table on page 31 of the owner's manual. Under TRIG BASIC in SETUP you just select TrigTyp PD7/9.

There are also recommended parameters for a PD-9 in the table on page 36 (Sensitivity 8, Threshold 3, TrigCurve LINEAR, Xtalk cancel 40, Scan Time 0.5, Retrig Cancel 3, Mask Time 4). Only the sensitivity and scan time are different from a PD-6, but these should get set automatically when you set PD7/9 as the trigger type.

Comment

Harlock, i plugged the snare (pd9)into the snare input with a single jack to jack stereo lead, is that the correct way to do it? and i have changed the input to pd9 in the settings, but i have not checked the recommended parameters in the instructions so i will try that.

thanks for your help guys, i'm off work at the moment so i'll have a play around with it.

Comment

Make sure you are using a stereo cable or it won't do you any good.

------------------
            Ted H.
            www.tocsinrocks.com
            Ted H.

Comment

Working...
            X