Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-8/10 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-8/10 Question

I'm a TD-7 player eventually looking to sell that and my acoustic kit to get into V's.

I'm looking at both the V-Custom and V-Pro, and while I can handle a 5- or 6-piece kit, I hate the idea of so few cymbals.

So, my question is: Assuming I use the drums as drums, what are maximum number of pads I can use for cymbals (excluding HH) with both brains?

With the TD-7, it's 2. Pics of the V-Customs show 2 and 3 for the V-Pro. C'mon, lots of us drummers like LOTS of cymbals!

--Kev

i would like to take this opportunity to thank all the vdrum members who still take the time to answer questions for newbies who dont first use the xlnt search engine.

very kool

-drumlogic

no offense intended, im being serious
    -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

I don't know if this is a valid idea for you, but I'm really getting to like it. I have an SPD-20 MIDI'd in to my TD-10. I have it set up right next to my toms on the left. I use that for my splash and cowbell and other toys of course. But, one thing I have been thinking about doing after I run out of inputs is useing the inputs on the SPD-20. There are 4 inputs there and (unlike the TD-10 itself) you can layer sounds. I'm thinking for me it seems like a better buy than buying another head unit. That's about it for now and as always we thank you for your support.
      [email protected]

Comment

If you are just MIDIing the SPD and using the TD-10 sounds the SPD-11 maybe a cheaper alternative. I use this set up and am very happy. I have 4 toms, 3 crashes(2 sound per), Ride(triple zoned), China, HiHat, Fixed HH w/cowbell on rim, Kick, 2 timbalas w/splashes on rims, snare, and 8 more sounds from my SPD-11. The layering is a great advantage for the SPD-XX. You may want to keep your TD-7 for extra sounds just use MIDI and you will have all the extra inputs you need.

------------------
        Ted H.
        www.tocsinrocks.com
        Ted H.

Comment

Working...
        X