Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Good conga sound recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good conga sound recommendations?

Hi all!

Well, I don't have the time to switch from my congas (real congas) to my kit in a song we're doing, so I'm trying to figure out if I could just play them on my kit, thus eliminating the need for me killing myself trying to get to my kit in time! ha ha. Has anyone played with the congas on the expanded TD10? The "generic" conga sounds are pretty poor and unfortunately, I don't know how to tweak the settings to get a more natural sound. I would appreciate any suggestions! BTW, I have the VPro kit with the expansion board, no memory card.

Thanks all!!!

Chris

Well this isn't exactly the suggestion you are probably looking for but how about getting a Handsonic. There are a couple things that you could do, one is mount it close enough to be able to switch between playing the V-Pros and the Handsonic (which I know that you said you don't have time as it is with real congas and the kit) but it might be easier with the Handsonic. Or the other thing would be to trigger the Handsonic from the TD-10 through Midi. And in that case you could also do that using a Sampler. Now obviously the biggest draw back to these suggestions is the $ but it would open up more possibilities. I'm sure there are many other alternatives ahd the other users probably have better suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by cproctor:
      Hi all!

Well, I don't have the time to switch from my congas (real congas) to my kit in a song we're doing, so I'm trying to figure out if I could just play them on my kit, thus eliminating the need for me killing myself trying to get to my kit in time!
      Why not re-arrange your kit so that your congas are in a more amenable position?

I did...
      http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/hmasi...?.dir=/V-Drums

- Hans

- Hans

Comment

Working...
      X