Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

PA for Dummies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA for Dummies

House PA at a smallish venue (300 capacity bar)I'm playing at in Dec. :

"The PA has a 16 channel stage montor board with 2 27-band graphic EQ's and four 300 watt amps. This also sends the feed to the FOH where there is a 16 channel Soundcraft board and a standard processing rack including a compressor/expander/gate/limiter,PSX effects processor,graphic EQ's and a power conditioner.

The sound is driven by 2 Community cabinets (each with a 2 inch tweeter and 2 15 inch cones) and a 2 bass bins (each with 4 15 inch subs) all driven by four 2000 watt QSC amps and various other conditioners."

Sounds to me like like they have several black boxes,maybe even some nice big ones
    Have they got what it takes for a nice V-Drum sound?

Thanks (again)

Norm

I think the biggest problem will be that your TD-6 has only two outputs, while all levels are set so they sound good with your headphones.

------------------
    http://mpcman.flappie.nl
    Music was my first love...

Comment

Norm - that is a nice system - I am running the same wattage in my PA with (4) 2000 watt poweramps (2 Crest, 2 Crown)... I am using dual 18" bass bins per side and dual 15" w/ horn per side. In a setting of 300 people, that system will crank, and you will feel the kick in your chest.

It definitely has what it takes to make the V-drums sound good except for one important red box - the ddrum4 module.
      (I feel the flames coming now)

Erik
      SEPdrums

Comment

Hi Norm,

It looks fine to me, except the compressor/expander/gate/limiter (c/e/g/l).
        Be sure that the c/e/g/l is not hooked up to the main out of the board. When you hit your drums the total sound will be compressed and that is not what you want.
        Use the inserts from each channel where you want to have a c/e/g/l on.
        We have a PA set of our own and we use (six) separated c/e/g/l only for the singers, not for the instruments. The instruments we use have there own c/e/g/l.

Groeten,

Peter

------------------
        www.meneervanzanten.x1.nl (sorry, in Dutch)

[This message has been edited by mrVRock (edited November 27, 2001).]
        My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Originally posted by mrVRock:
          Hi Norm,

It looks fine to me, except the compressor/expander/gate/limiter (c/e/g/l).
          Be sure that the c/e/g/l is not hooked up to the main out of the board. When you hit your drums the total sound will be compressed and that is not what you want.
          Use the inserts from each channel where you want to have a c/e/g/l on.
          We have a PA set of our own and we use (six) separated c/e/g/l only for the singers, not for the instruments. The instruments we use have there own c/e/g/l.

Groeten,

Peter

Thanks very much Peter,I would've overlooked that.

Groetjes,

Norm

Comment

Working...
          X