Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

can't save pitch settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't save pitch settings

I am a new user ( TD10 ). How do I save the pitch settings? As soon as the heads are contacted after adjustment are made, they change on their own. They don't return to a default setting, either, ...just random settings not related to any prior attempts to adjust.

Welcome to the board satinjacob!

After adjusting pitch(es), be sure to hit the exit button.
    Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

actually, you should not have to hit the exit button. you should be able to preview the tuning changes in real time. this should be true with both electronic and acoustic kits in the td-10.

what specifically are you trying to change the ptich of?

Comment

Originally posted by digitsone:
        actually, you should not have to hit the exit button
        Exactamundo. More clarification required...
        Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

This is a long shot, but perhaps the pad selection is changing due to crosstalk between pads (i.e. you think you are adjusting pitch for Tom1 when Tom2 is actually selected). Before adjusting your parameters, make sure that the number of the pad you want to adjust is actually selected in the display. Try using your hand to select the pad instead of the stick (or a very light strike/bounce with the stick), and use the preview button to listen to the new sound. Many times when you hit one pad with a stick another will end up being selected due to crosstalk, even though you hear the sound assigned to the first pad as expected. This is rather annoying to say the least.

If this is the case, you can either raise your thresholds a bit or apply more crosstalk cancel (or both).

[This message has been edited by ufotofu (edited November 26, 2001).]
          Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

I bet Ufotofu is on to something. The cross talk thing has bitten me more than once.

Good advise.

WMP

(Weapon of Mass Percussion)

Comment

Working...
            X