Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Mixer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixer question

Hi,

I have a mixer question about my Behringer MX602A. I know very little about mixers... as I've recently found out!

I want a relatively simple thing, listen to a piece of music, play along with it and only record my playing.

Larger picture

I have connected the output of my computer to the tape-in on the mixer. My drums are attached to one of the stereo tracks, of course.

The tape output on the mixer goes back to the line in on my computer where it is being recorded.

The headphones are connected to the phones on the mixer.

The headphones should give me both the music as well as my playing. The tape out should only send the drums back to my computer.

This all sounds pretty basic and is what one expects of a mixer... but I can't get it to work! I know it has something to do with the little buttons marked "2TK to Control Room" and "2TK to Mix".

I can get the mixer to the stage where I can hear the music and it outputs only the drums, but then I can not hear myself over the headphones... it's very frustrating.

Please help me...

Thanks!

Rob

[This message has been edited by Pleiadian (edited November 20, 2001).]

Hi Rob,

it's not possible with your mixer

For that you need a mixer with subgroups.

Question; if you route any audio to the CD input of the TD-8, will the audio be sent to the headphone out or as well to the master out? If it's only to the headphone out, you can use it this way.
    Other wise you could route all the sounds from the TD-8 to the TD-8's sub outputs as well as the main, so you can listen to both the drums and cd through the headphone/main out and record the signal coming from the sub outputs.
    Good luck with it!

Met vriendelijke groeten,
    Pieter

------------------
    http://mpcman.flappie.nl
    Music was my first love...

Comment

Originally posted by MPCman:
      Hi Rob,

it's not possible with your mixer

For that you need a mixer with subgroups.

Question; if you route any audio to the CD input of the TD-8, will the audio be sent to the headphone out or as well to the master out? If it's only to the headphone out, you can use it this way.

I agree with you Pieter.
      I have a TD-10 and I can select the 'mix in' to only the 'headphones' or 'headphones and main-out'. I think the TD-8 will have this option as well. This will do the trick for you Rob.
      If you need a Mixer with a subgroup for a relative low price and good specs, buy a spirit folio SX-20 http://www.soundcraft.com/products/spirit_sx.html It will cost about fl 1500,- and gives you a lot of options for home-recording.

Greetings /groetjes

Peter

-------------------------- www.meneervanzanten.x1.nl

------------------
      My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Thanks Pieter & Peter.

Too bad it isn't possible with the mixer I have. fl 1500 (around €680) may be relatively cheap, it is absolutely a lot of money.

I will look at your suggestion of running it through the TD8 Mix input but that is only half the solution. I also want to record additional instruments in the same way...

Greetings/Wees gegroet,

Rob

Comment

greetings!

Comment

Hé Pleiadian and MPCman, just curious, where in the Netherlands do you come from?

Groetjes, (to you to digitsone)

Peter
            My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Thanks Harlock! It is a bit confusing... but yes it helps. What can you expect from such a low budget mixer...

Hi Peter,

I was born & raised near Den Bosch, I studied in Utrecht for about 8 years and now I live in Bergen op Zoom.

Comment

Groetjes is officially my new valediction.

groetjes,
                digits

Comment

Originally posted by digitsone:

groetjes,
                  digits
                  Alright! Let's make it a standard Greeting for this forum, everybody agree??

Groetjes, ('Groeten' is also allowed )

Peter

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by digitsone:

groetjes,
                    digits
                    And another one bites the dust! The Dutch take over

Groeten,
                    Cas

DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

Groetjes

Comment

Hey Hielko! Didn't know you visited Vdrums.com as well

Peter I come from Alkmaar.

De ballen!
                        Pieter

------------------
                        http://mpcman.flappie.nl
                        Music was my first love...

Comment

Originally posted by MPCman:
                          [B]Hey Hielko! Didn't know you visited Vdrums.com as well
                          Just lurking ddrums.com is a bit empty sometimes.

DOEI

Comment

i know. i was living in paris during the summer of 98. man, was that a fun party on the champs elysee on july 13th.

some random dude kissed me in the middle of the street and said: "We showed the world we're the best at football. Now we'll show them we're the best at partying!"

groeten.

(how do you pronounce this?)

Comment

groeten.

(how do you pronounce this?)[/B]
                              G is impossible to explain to an english-speaking person! When we dutch speak our language English persons usually start to make back in the throat noises! But maybe you can use the G like in greetings.....
                              the rest of the word goes like routan and the a is pronounced as the a before a word....like a drum...(in "posh" English that is).....
                              Maybe someone can record it????? mcpman????

Groeten,
                              Cas
                              DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

Working...
                              X