Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST GENERAL E-DRUMMING OR GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

td-20 no midi response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• td-20 no midi response

Hi All,

my first post on here, please excuse if this is the wrong forum.

i have my td-20 about 5 years now. tonight i went to record a session and i noticed when i turned my td-20 the midi in light on my interface (RME UFX) was solid like it was receiving a constant midi signal. i tried other midi devices to make sure it wasnt my interface.

the battery is dead on the unit and was replaced about a year ago. could this be causing this issue? has anyone ever seen this?

thanks in advance!

-Jon

EDIT: just ran to the store and picked up a battery. still the same constant solid midi in to my UFX
    Last edited by ebomb321; 01-19-13, 02:53 AM.

Is there a problem apart from the constantly-lit light? The TD-20 sends a MIDI "Active Sensing" signal every 300 milliseconds which is not needed or handled by many other MIDI units.

If you're getting no other MIDI response, check that you're listening on Channel 10.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
      Is there a problem apart from the constantly-lit light? The TD-20 sends a MIDI "Active Sensing" signal every 300 milliseconds which is not needed or handled by many other MIDI units.

If you're getting no other MIDI response, check that you're listening on Channel 10.

Bruce
      Hi Bruce,

thanks, i changed my interface to listen on omni on that port for testing. it was late last night when i swapped the battery im going to test it in a bit.

thanks!
      Jon

Comment

Working...
      X