Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Aux 12 and Pole pad on TD-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aux 12 and Pole pad on TD-10

I just connected a Pole Pad to Aux 12...It's stereo input, right? I'm using a tip/ring cable( two 1/4 outs into one Stereo)...I'm coming out of the pad into aux 12...However, only one side of the pole pad enables a trigger...This worked fine on my Yamaha DTX? Why can't I get it to work on this?

Originally posted by munkee:
    I just connected a Pole Pad to Aux 12...It's stereo input, right? I'm using a tip/ring cable( two 1/4 outs into one Stereo)...I'm coming out of the pad into aux 12...However, only one side of the pole pad enables a trigger...This worked fine on my Yamaha DTX? Why can't I get it to work on this?
    Have you assigned an instrument in setup mode to each trigger?

Ed
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Drumbalaya! Specializing in electronic drum equipment.
    Ed Morin [ mailto:[email protected] ]
    Phone: 866-881-9313 / 425-881-9313 FAX: 425-881-6000 http://www.drumbalaya.com

Comment

Only the "tip" part of the cable triggers a sound. The "ring" part of the cable doen't even register the trigger light on the TD-10. I guess the cable could be bad..but it just worked yersterday on the DTX module?

Comment

Are you referring to a Yamaha BP80 dual-trigger pole or equivalent? Someone with a TD-10 can correct me if need be, but I believe that the Aux 12 input is NOT a dual-piezo jack. Isn't it a piezo/fsr?

Comment

It's a Drum Tech pole pad. Not the yamaha..but it worked on a yamaha module. The TD-10 manual makes it sound like I could add a Roland TD-7..Why not this pad?

Comment

It's a Drum Tech pole pad. Not the yamaha..but it worked on a yamaha module. The TD-10 manual makes it sound like I could add a Roland TD-7..Why not this pad?
            See the last few posts at the end of the thread.
            http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000029.html

Does this have one or two inputs? What does the literature say about piezo and fsr triggers on your pole pad, i.e., what does it have?

The aux inputs require a piezo/fsr combo to give you dual trigger functionality. The manual is correct, PD-7's and 9's work great. I use one of each in my aux inputs all the time.
            Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

It has two inputs. I don't know what the pickups are...Thanks for the tips!

Comment

munkee:

The Drum Tech pole pad has two fsr's. It is an excellent triggering pad, with no crosstalk. However, your module is set up for piezo/fsr on that input. You could use two cables and two inputs, if you have them available, but unfortunately, I don't think that the send/return cable method you are trying will work, because your module is looking for two different signal levels.

BTW, where did you get your drum tech pad? I'm looking for another one.

P.S. If you try it in your snare input, it should work.

Comment

why would it work in his snare input. I thought the snare on the td-10 is set up for two piezo triggers, not two fsr's like the drum tech pole pad.

-drumlogic
                  -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

Originally posted by drumlogic:
                    why would it work in his snare input. I thought the snare on the td-10 is set up for two piezo triggers, not two fsr's like the drum tech pole pad.
                    Actually, you are probably right on second thought. It may not work. But if it works at all, both will work.

Comment

MUNKEE

I'm doing the excat same thing with a "pole pad" and my TD-8 Aux inputs. you need to go to gutair center or some where like that and ask pro-audio for a "standard insert cable". This cable has one male stereo end to two male mono ends. You put the stereo end into the Drum brain and each mono end into each of the two outputs on the pole pad. Then when you hit each of the pads on the pole pad, you will be able to assign what ever voice you want to each pad. Good luck!

This will also work in the "kick 1/2 input"

Yesfan

Comment

Working...
                      X