Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-20, TCM-6 and SPD-S MIDI setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saku
    replied
    Originally posted by mswagerman View Post
    Thank you Saku!

The (Midi Solutions) MIDI merger does look like a solution to my "problem".

I reckon "Bruce" is a (the?) MIDI guru in this forum?
    He is the guru of all gurus, not merely MIDI...

Leave a comment:

• mswagerman
    replied
    Thank you Saku!

The (Midi Solutions) MIDI merger does look like a solution to my "problem".

I reckon "Bruce" is a (the?) MIDI guru in this forum?

Leave a comment:

• saku
    replied
    Hej Martijn and welcome to the forum

I dont know if the spds or the tmc have midi thru...read the manuals (or wait to Bruce to answer)...
    but if they dont, you can connect both of them to something like this: http://www.thomann.de/se/midi_solutions_merger.htm (there are also cheaper versions, search for 'midi merger'...and then that box to the td20.

Leave a comment:

• mswagerman
    started a topic TD-20, TCM-6 and SPD-S MIDI setup

TD-20, TCM-6 and SPD-S MIDI setup

Good day my fellow vdrummers,

Since a couple of months now, I'm a proud owner of an TCM-6 expanded TDW-20 kit. At the moment I'm using an SPD-S via phones-out (SPD-S) to mix-in (TD-20), but that's limiting me to hear the sounds of the SPD-S via the TD-20 (which is great, but still... limiting). I want to experiment with the MIDI capabilities of the SPD-S/TD-20/TCM-6 in combination with Superior Drummer 2.3.1.

Is it possible to connect both the TCM-6 and the SPD-S to the TD-20 module, using MIDI? And if so, how would/could I do that?

Connecting via MIDI THRU on the TD-20 is not a valid option I guess, because I need MIDI OUT for the connection of the TD-20 with my RME babyface. Right?

Also, I still want to use the TD-20/TMC-6/SPD-S combination without the PC connection (Just for quick studying off course ). So it would be nice to use both setups wihout doing some excessive recabling all the time. Just switching headphones from the RME babyface to the TD-20 and go go go!

Two solutions I came up with and what I was looking for on this forum and Googled for (but I could'nt find the answers to):

1. Could I split the MIDI IN on the TD-20 using a MIDI split cable or the like? What product(s) would I need? And what MIDI settings would be necessary?
    2. Could I use the MIDI OUT from the SPD-S as MIDI THRU for the TMC-6? What MIDI settings would be necessary in this case?

But off course, any idea that would lead to the solution I'm looking for, is welcome!

Hope you can help me or point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Martijn
    Last edited by mswagerman; 01-08-13, 01:26 PM.
Working...
X