Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Triggering problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triggering problems

When I am playing the sounds from my snare and crash cymbols the triggers cut out intermittently. I use the spd 120 for snare and the cy6 for crash. I use the TD-8 module. I am now using a loner from the local store and still having the same problems, even after stuffing my stands with foam peanuts. I have edited every which way including reinitializing the head. I am the only one after two modules with the same results?

------------------
    hawaii
    hawaii

you've been through two modules, two snares and it still doesn't work? this tells me either your settings are screwed or you are touching the module (ie, giving the module input) when you start it up.

do you keep your sticks on your snare and boot up your module without removing them? if so, that's your problem. reinit your module and never do that again. i had the same problem and fast/hard single strokes would cut out on me. now i keep nothing on the pads/cymbals when i boot up, stay absolutely still and have no more problems.

Comment

Just tried that didn't work, still intermittent. What setting are you using in the Set up - Trigger mode.
      Sens:
      Threshold:
      Masking:
      Retrigger:
      hawaii

Comment

i don't actually use a pd-120, so i don't think it's particularly valuable for me to post my settings for you. by searching the site, you can find many posts of others' settings.

also, did you wipe the module (reinitialize) before trying again?

[This message has been edited by digitsone (edited November 17, 2001).]

Comment

I have had the same problem. I think it occurs when I hit the hit hat pad quite hard which is triggering the snare rim at the same time I hit the snare skin...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Kai:
            When I am playing the sounds from my snare and crash cymbols the triggers cut out intermittently.
            Hey Johnny,

I just thought about it...have you adjusted the sensitivity and threshold to your playing style? There is an indicator when you are adjusting the sensitivity that will show when overload occurs. Just something to try. If you already tried this, then nevermind!

Slash

------------------
            I think, therefore I am....or at least I think I am!
            I think, therefore I am....or at least I think I am!

Comment

I have spoken to Roland many times and they know there is a problem and have repeatedly denied to me the truth only for me to find our through the Vdrums.com that it is a major disturbance nationally. I did try everyone's suppgestions.
              hawaii

Comment

I have spoken to Roland many times and they know there is a problem and have repeatedly denied the truth only for me to find out through the Vdrums.com there is a major defect in the software and hardware with many across the nation and Roland had to recieve many complaints - THEY SAID I WAS THE ONLY ONE COMPLAINING! My friend who just bought the TD-6 also had the same problem.
                hawaii

Comment

I have tried everyone's suggestions and also reinitialized the TD-8, then re-downloaded my customized sets - but going back to utilizing the factory presets on the trigger mode only, and the problem has temporarily gone away. It seems to re-occur when I edit in the trigger mode to suit my playing style. It happened on TWO brand new modules! Having worked in the computer world for years - I am assuming Roland is using outdated, cheap, slow chips to process the information.
                  hawaii

Comment

Did you check/switch your cables?

FWIW, I think Roland equipment is ovwerall of high quality, despite your inclination to diss them. Weird malfunctions can be frustrating, but after reading this board for well over a year I gather that is the exception and not the rule!

Comment

Mr. Harlock,
                      Thanks for your suggestions. I was having problems with two triggers seperately cutting out randomly with the second new TD-8 module.
                      The first one I had was cutting out with the bass drum, HH, crash, snare. With all the suggestions I have experimented with from the website, I seem to have temporarily stopped this from happening. Time will tell.
                      hawaii

Comment

drmoze,
                        Thank you for your reply, its does get frustratimg when your playing gigs, rehearsing, and practicing and notes keep dropping out on you, its been 16 months of this. Roland still has not returned my first module after 8 months. They first claimed that I had to stop keeping my foot down on the HH pedal. My reply was "how do drummers play without holding down the HH pedal?". "Your the only complaint we have with this issue." A month later it was "you must have bought the first line, because we have updated the motherboard and the software with a faster chip to process the information quicker to stop the cutting out problems we've been trying to address". Fourteen months later - "we have never had this problem before" and now 16 months later I'm still using the loner TD-8 from the store. I guess that gives me some rights to diss Roland. I have been an advid supporter and purchaser of Roland products for 12 years. I wish I knew of this most helpful website sooner. Take care... JKai

hawaii

Comment

Working...
                        X