Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using a BBE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a BBE

When using compressors and BBE's, which should be first in the signal chain, the BBE or the Compressor? I am using a TD10-exp on a Concert kit.

Thanks,

Joe
    V-Concert, Visu-Lite Cymbals, BBE 482's, Behringer Multicom, Alesis D5

Hey Joe,
    (suddenly I feel poetic),
    As per Szvook.
    Many topics on this one and you may as well get it in his words... Search time.

Comment

I've got my compression before the BBE in my setup. I've got the BBE set up as the last processor in my signal chain.

Having said that, I'm not sure whether its "right" or not, but it seems to work well enough for me.

Comment

I tried to do a search, but searching through all the posts was getting me no where, which is why I posted the question. I know that Szvook got everyone on the BBE's, he should be getting a commission. I did find where he goes directly into a BBE then to a compounder, but I am not sure what a compounder is.

Normally the sequence is compressor first like Schuh Man does it, but since I saw how Szvook did it, I was wondering how others were hooking them up.

Joe
        V-Concert, Visu-Lite Cymbals, BBE 482's, Behringer Multicom, Alesis D5

Comment

Well, nobody got me on the BBE bandwagon. I've always been on it. But is it necessary to also get a compressor?
          "I'm not a guitarist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Comment

The compounder: http://www.focusrite.com/products/platinum/p3.html
            Studio

Comment

With all the features on the Focusrite Compounder, is it necessary to have the BBE and the Compounder? If only one is affordable, which should I get?
              "I'm not a guitarist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Comment

Studio

Comment

Working...
                X