Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Pintech Concert cast with TD-8 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pintech Concert cast with TD-8 questions

I just bought the church a Pintech concert cast dual 10 pad for the snare. I have a couple of questions. I used the search engine and did not really see the answers I wanted. First is a TD-8 question. Does the TD-8 have the velocity switching for the cross stick rim shot sound like the TD-10exp? At the store I used the Pop X-Stick kit and did get the cross stick sound to work but could not tell if the rim shot was working.(those metal rims are loud, I have put the automotive door trim on it already to quite it down) Positional sensing did not seem to work but that is OK for now. Also is it better to put the trigger setting for a PD-120 or a PD-80R? I can play with the sensitivity and other settings my self but if someone has a good place to start I would be very greatful. Also is there a special way I should mount the pad to get the best rim shot/cross stick performance? What I mean is there a spot like the PD-120 were the rim trigger is located. I ended up with a disply unit so I got no paper work. Any and all help will be appreciated.
    Thanks

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

I have a similar setup and I use the cross stick all the time. I am not much of a rim shot player. Tony.Carlson [[email protected]] told me that the 10" drumpads are just under the required size for positional sensing. They need to be 13 or 14". I have the AX14 snare now and it works as advertized.

------------------
    TD-8, TD-7, Roland rack, Pintech AX14, ConcertCast and Roland PD-9/7/5 pads, Yamaha and Pintech cymbals, Dingbat, Nimrod, Vertikik & KD-7, FD-7 , DrumKat DK-10, Fender Bassman 60.......2000 Eclipse GS
    I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

I had my identified CC-102-ST identified as a PD-120 (also the AX14) and i rotated it to put the rim sensor on my right side. There is not supposed to be a "sweet spot" on the rim but I did it just in case.

------------------
      TD-8, TD-7, Roland rack, Pintech AX14, ConcertCast and Roland PD-9/7/5 pads, Yamaha and Pintech cymbals, Dingbat, Nimrod, Vertikik & KD-7, FD-7 , DrumKat DK-10, Fender Bassman 60.......2000 Eclipse GS
      I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Working...
      X