Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST GENERAL E-DRUMMING OR GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Playing mp3 songs from USB on TD9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing mp3 songs from USB on TD9

I have a TD9 with version 2.0 upgrade on it. I have a Roland USB Key and put 165 mp3 (no wav) songs on it (root directory) and no other files are on the USB (except SONGLIST.TD9). The owner's manual states the the TD-9 can read up to 200 songs on from the USB key. When I plug the USB in, an error message comes up on the module: "Slow USB Memory, Decrease the number of wav files".

I called Roland and they suggested that I remove 65 songs and see if it works then. That's not acceptable to me.

Has anyone else had problems reading mp3 songs on USB key? If so, any solutions?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Dakota Drummer View Post
    I have a TD9 with version 2.0 upgrade on it. I have a Roland USB Key and put 165 mp3 (no wav) songs on it (root directory) and no other files are on the USB (except SONGLIST.TD9). The owner's manual states the the TD-9 can read up to 200 songs on from the USB key. When I plug the USB in, an error message comes up on the module: "Slow USB Memory, Decrease the number of wav files".

I called Roland and they suggested that I remove 65 songs and see if it works then. That's not acceptable to me.

Has anyone else had problems reading mp3 songs on USB key? If so, any solutions?

Thanks.
    Firstly, I should say welcome to the forums.
    Secondly, I'll state the obvious: what's 'acceptable' to you is kinda irrelevant.
    If that's how the system works, then that's how it works. Like it or lump it, is all you can do.
    If Roland tell you to try something, and you don't, and it still won't work, then you're kinda asking for the issue to remain.
    Personally, I would have tried what they said.
    Or drop a couple of bucks on another stick for the 65 extra songs - again, if that's how their system works.
    It's not that much of an inconvenience, but I get your point that it shouldn't be an issue in this day and age.
    But Roland are kinda like that...

Comment

Are all of your MP3 files 2GB or less?

• Make sure that no single file is larger than 2 GB. (TD-9 Version 2 Manual, Page 34.)

Bruce
      Last edited by BarT; 08-10-12, 07:54 PM. Reason: oldtimers

Comment

2 GB MP3 file? What in the world could possibly be that large?
        An entire CD is only 650ish MB (0.65 GB) and that is uncompressed WAV. I can't imagine what MP3 file would take up 2GB.

Anyway...back to the point of this thread. I've never seen that particular error message, but I am FREQUENTLY faced with an MP3 file which is on the stick not showing up as a song on the module... I generally have to pass it through something like VLC to re-encode it...which seems to always do the trick.

I think you should do what ROLAND suggested, just to see if it makes a difference...
        eKit (TD-30KV): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/performa...y-s-drums-td39
        aKit: (Tama Starclassic): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/acoustic...ma-starclassic
        TD30Browser: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/...4-td30-browser

Comment

Originally posted by kgoroway View Post
          2 GB MP3 file? What in the world could possibly be that large?
          An entire CD is only 650ish MB (0.65 GB) and that is uncompressed WAV. I can't imagine what MP3 file would take up 2GB.
          Oops, sorry. I saw giga and thought mega. You're right; what could be that big?

Bruce

Comment

Hi everyone!
            I think I'm facing a similar trouble.

My problem is the following:
            since one year and half until three days ago I played my Roland TD-9 KXII even using an usb key for backing tracks. Three days ago I tried to play new backing tracks added in the same usb key, but pushing the "shift" and "song" buttons nothing happened but appearing le tracklist of the default backing tracks of the internal memory. I add that when I insert the usb pendrive the system reads it and normally checks it, but after that I cannot read the tracklist inside the pendrive. Even if I restored more times the brain to the factory presets... nothing!!
            Moreover I've changed the pendrive with another one and the results were the same and I also formatted the usb devices througTD-9 cpu first and then on a personal computer, but it still doesn't work. And one more thing: I successfully can record and delete files (such as Qrec files) on the usb pendrive and it has no problem.
            Finally all the system works well instead of the usb backing tracks list.
            Can anyone help me to find a way to let the TD-9 read and play the backing tracks list?
            Thanks drummers

Comment

Working...
            X