Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

IS THE TD 7 GOOD ENOUGH LIVE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS THE TD 7 GOOD ENOUGH LIVE?

I was wondering how the TD7 is live - I have currently only used headphones.

Has anyone on this BB used it live - if so please let me know how you got on. I am hazarding a guess that the cymbal sounds are as bad live as through headphones.

Cheers. Damien.

Has anyone on this BB used it live - if so please let me know how you got on. I am hazarding a guess that the cymbal sounds are as bad live as through headphones.

...and you made the choice to buy a td-7 in 1.2 seconds???

-Jackie-O

Jackie O Slashes

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie_O:

...and you made the choice to buy a td-7 in 1.2 seconds???

-Jackie-O

just wondering what your comment meant?

I made the choice to buy the td7 as it was only £250 and it will be a good interim measure until my TD8 VDRUM kit turns up!!!!

Roland seem to be quite slow delivering in this country - are you having the same problem in the US?

Comment

Is it good?

The module? yes. It will work okay.
        The sounds? compared with todays Roland modules: Mmmm... there are better sounds in my opinion. I think the Roland td-6 will blow away the td-7. And it's not an expensive module as well.

Cymbal sounds always have been a weak point for e-drums. Especially for Roland.
        Robert

Comment

I also recommend the TD-6. I plan to buy one as a backup to my TD-8!

------------------
          TD-8, TD-7, Roland rack, Pintech AX14, ConcertCast and Roland PD-9/7/5 pads, Yamaha and Pintech cymbals, Dingbat, Nimrod, Vertikik & KD-7, FD-7 , DrumKat DK-10, Fender Bassman 60.......2000 Eclipse GS
          I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

I have used a TD7 live, at the time I thought it was not bad, however I now have a TD10exp and there is a difference.

If you want to use the TD7 you will need a good sound system – see JBL or Mackies via the search facility – I also tried the TD7 with acoustic cymbals and had mixed feelings about it, most of the time I was happy, but in quieter gigs it did not sound right.

There are some great bass, and tom sounds in the TD7

If I was going to use the TD7 live today I would be happy with the system I‘ve got
            2 * JBL G2
            compressor
            and sound reinforced by band’s PA

Basically give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by Daveb:
              I have used a TD7 live, at the time I thought it was not bad, however I now have a TD10exp and there is a difference.
              I also did use the TD7 live for about 5 years. I have the same experience as Daveb. I liked it a lot, although I wasn't happy with the symbol and crashes sounds. The TD10 is a lot better on stage. When I bought the TD10 I did one stupid thing, I trade my TD7 module. I only got a little money for it and now I need some extra triggerinputs!!

Peter S.

------------------
              My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Working...
              X