Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

2nd trigger problems with V-Pro/TD-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd trigger problems with V-Pro/TD-10

I've tried everything from radio shack adapters to changing the trigger settings!! I cannot access the "rim" sounds for aux 1, 2, kick, and toms 3 & 4. The only ones that work are the snare and the cymbols. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [email protected]

Those inputs on your TD-10 are not intended to accommodate separate head and rim triggering. Do a search here for tons of posts regarding the various attempts of the many hell-bent on outwitting Roland on this.

Comment

I don't understand why there isn't a rim sound on aux 1 and 2. If they are being used for a PD-100 or PD-120, then they won't work, but, if you are using them with a PD-7 or PD-9, you should get a rim sound.

You also need to make sure you are using a stereo cord for the aux inputs. It wouldn't be the first time someone used a mono cord and had this problem.

Are we to assume you are getting rim sounds from toms 1 and 2? Perhaps you need to tell us what type pads are being used with your inputs. Theoretically, if you used PD-7's and PD-9's all around, my understanding is you would access 24 sounds. (Of course you wouldn't get "V" functionality on the select snares, toms and kicks.)
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Boingo???? Clear something up for me. Are you telling me that if I put a PD-9 in parralel(connected together via stereo headphone splitter) a the bass drum(kd-120 in my case). I will lose the V-edit ability of the bass drum on the head of that trigger.
        -Drumlogic
        -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

Originally posted by drumlogic:
          Boingo???? Clear something up for me. Are you telling me that if I put a PD-9 in parralel(connected together via stereo headphone splitter) a the bass drum(kd-120 in my case). I will lose the V-edit ability of the bass drum on the head of that trigger.
          -Drumlogic
          Looks like I got that part a bit screwed up. I was going from what I thought I had read and sent my post from work. Apparently, the v-edit is tied to the input. I normally use aux 1 & 2 with a PD-9 and PD-7. I do lose V-edit function when I use the aux input and tune in a v-editable snare. Page 81 explains it. Sorry for the bad info.

As far as your specific question, I would guess you wouldn't lose it but don't know for sure. I'm not sure what the effect would be using two different pads for one thing. You do have to go through the trouble of optimizing the trigger for the pad you are using. I'll have to try that with a PD-9 and a PD-120 on the snare and see what happens.

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited October 22, 2001).]
          Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
            I don't understand why there isn't a rim sound on aux 1 and 2. If they are being used for a PD-100 or PD-120, then they won't work, but, if you are using them with a PD-7 or PD-9, you should get a rim sound.

You also need to make sure you are using a stereo cord for the aux inputs. It wouldn't be the first time someone used a mono cord and had this problem.

Are we to assume you are getting rim sounds from toms 1 and 2? Perhaps you need to tell us what type pads are being used with your inputs. Theoretically, if you used PD-7's and PD-9's all around, my understanding is you would access 24 sounds. (Of course you wouldn't get "V" functionality on the select snares, toms and kicks.)
            Thanks for your help. I'm not getting rims from toms 1 & 2 cuz I've got the supplied mono pd100s on those. But I still need to be able to use the rims on toms 3 & 4, which have the PD120s. The 2nd that I'm trying to do is use both sounds for the kick output. I know all of this is possible somehow, cuz the ads for the TD10 console DO say "12 stereo trigger inputs", and cuz I can preview ALL 24 possible sounds. So why can't I use the PD 120s on the aux channels, & access rim sounds?
            (PS: I AM using proper stereo cords & splitters for various hook-ups)

[This message has been edited by PhReAk (edited October 22, 2001).]
            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by PhReAk:
              Thanks for your help. I'm not getting rims from toms 1 & 2 cuz I've got the supplies mono pd100s on those. But I still need to be able to use the rims on toms 3 & 4, which have the PD120s. The 2nd that I'm trying to do is use both sounds for the kick output. I know all of this is possible somehow, cuz the ads for the TD10 console DO say "12 stereo trigger inputs", and cuz I can preview ALL 24 possible sounds. So why can't I use the PD 120s on the aux channels, & access rim sounds?
              1) Ref my previous post: It only took 5 minutes since I had a stereo splitter. I plugged in a spare PD-9 with my PD-120 on the snare. Both worked ok. The PD-120 seemed more responsive as I would have expected, but it felt weird going from mesh to rubber.

2) Your PD-120's are dual trigger but they are dual "piezo" triggers. The only thing they work in is the snare input. That is why your rims don't work. The PD-7 or 9 are also dual triggers BUT are piezo/fsr triggers. If you want the rim to work on those tom's, you are going to have to find another pad (like the hard rubber PD's).

Roland wasn't lying with their marketing hype, but their lack of detail was a bit deceiving. I was more disappointed at being taken by their hype than I was at the loss of the tom rims.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
                1) Ref my previous post: It only took 5 minutes since I had a stereo splitter. I plugged in a spare PD-9 with my PD-120 on the snare. Both worked ok. The PD-120 seemed more responsive as I would have expected, but it felt weird going from mesh to rubber.

2) Your PD-120's are dual trigger but they are dual "piezo" triggers. The only thing they work in is the snare input. That is why your rims don't work. The PD-7 or 9 are also dual triggers BUT are piezo/fsr triggers. If you want the rim to work on those tom's, you are going to have to find another pad (like the hard rubber PD's).

Roland wasn't lying with their marketing hype, but their lack of detail was a bit deceiving. I was more disappointed at being taken by their hype than I was at the loss of the tom rims.
                One again THANK YOU!!! that clears up a lot for me. Now...how would I access the "rim" sound from the kick output?
                (PS: do you use AOL Instant Messaging? If so, Email me with your AIM name.)
                [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by PhReAk:
                  ...how would I access the "rim" sound from the kick output?
                  (PS: do you use AOL Instant Messaging? If so, Email me with your AIM name.)
                  Wait for Feefer's soon to be released novel on shacking and the holy grail to take advantage of those unused rims.

Don't have AIM. Don't really have time for it. You'd be better off posting here and taking advantage of the collective brainpower of the fine folks on this site, many far more knowledgeable than me. (gosh, I'm such a humble soul.)

Comment

Working...
                  X