Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

NEW TD7 USER NEEDS SOME BASIC HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW TD7 USER NEEDS SOME BASIC HELP

Hi,

I have recently purchased a secondhand TD7 drums kit and am generally very pleased with it - but not having a manual and being new to electronic kits has left me with a few questions:

1) I have been given a factory reset guide - will this restore the TD7 brain to it's original status. I am worried that I might lose the sounds and the kit will not work? AM I BEING STUPID? Still in this regard if I do the FACTORY RESET will I need to reassign sounds to kits, initialize HI HAT CONTROL PEDAL ETC ETC.

I am hoping that if i do reset it, it should work as new?

2) What type of cable do I need to p[lug into a PA system and where does it go?

I hope somebody can help me!!! Thanks for your time.

Damien.

Originally posted by td7drummer:
    2) What type of cable do I need to p[lug into a PA system and where does it go?
    Hi Damien, welcome aboard.
    I am assuming that this is a serious question. (We seem to have had a few troll epidemics around here lately)

The cord required is a 1/4" jack plug (mono). Plug it from the L output of the module to your PA.

As for reinitilising the module, it will restore all the factory presets and kits and therefore will be 'as new'. Any tweaking of sounds that you have done will disappear and you will have a clean slate to start on.
    Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by Steveo the Devo:
      Hi Damien, welcome aboard.
      I am assuming that this is a serious question. (We seem to have had a few troll epidemics around here lately)

The cord required is a 1/4" jack plug (mono). Plug it from the L output of the module to your PA.

As for reinitilising the module, it will restore all the factory presets and kits and therefore will be 'as new'. Any tweaking of sounds that you have done will disappear and you will have a clean slate to start on.
      hi steveo,

thanks for the welcome and the advice I needed!!!

I know they were stupid question and no I am not carrying on the troll epidemic - just learning.

I had a go at doing what you said with the left output and all seemed fine - do I not need to use the right output aswell and if so why not?

reset the module and it is now much better - thank you. Before I had the same sound across three pads and thazt was annoying!!!!

Comment

The L (left) jack is the mono jack if you only want to use one cable. I use one because our sound board where I play only has one input available for the drums. If there were two, I could play in stereo. I still have a TD-7 I used for teaching. I play a TD-8 set at Church! Set your sights on a TD-8. You will love it!!!
        I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Working...
        X