Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

HELP-KD-7 to KD-7 -is patch included?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP-KD-7 to KD-7 -is patch included?

hi everyone this is my first post.

i've just ordered my v-club set and should be recieving it in the mail within a couple days. i ordered an extra kd-7 with it, as i use double bass, and my concern is that it was stated in the specs that there is an 'imput for double bass drumming', but does a kd-7 come with the required PATCH CORD to be able to take advantage of that input??? or would the seperate(from the kit) kd-7 contain one? i have been able to find this info nowhere, from roland or musiciansfriend, where i ordered the set. can someone help me out please?!

-Jackie O

+also, when you buy a v-drum set, does it include everything you need BUT the power plug??? (9v adapter) thanks.
    Jackie O Slashes

Originally posted by Jackie_O: hi everyone this is my first post.
    Welcome.
    Originally posted by Jackie_O: ...does a kd-7 come with the required PATCH CORD to be able to take advantage of that input...
    My understanding is that KD-7s can be daisy-chained together and that there is nothing particularly special about the cord required. I will defer to an owner if that is not the case.
    Originally posted by Jackie_O:

+also, when you buy a v-drum set, does it include everything you need BUT the power plug??? (9v adapter) thanks.
    You will also need a drum throne and sticks. (I didn't know any of the kits didn't come with a power supply though).

Comment

Yes the KD-7 can be daisy chain together. You will get all the cords you need connect them together. The KD-7 manual will show you how very very easy to do.

------------------
      Ted H.
      www.tocsinrocks.com
      Ted H.

Comment

The Clubs come with everything you need to play except the bass pedal/s for the KD-7/s, something to sit on, sticks and headphones or amp to hear yourself.

[This message has been edited by Roberts2 (edited October 18, 2001).]
        V-Club

Comment

Most likely you will not get the cord to chain them together. All you will need is a 3 foot guitar/patch cord with 1/4" mono plugs. The club set will come in one big box. Prepare to have 2 people to handle it. The box will contain eveything you need except sticks, throne, kick pedal, and headphones/amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie_O:

Hi Jackie

The pedals ar not included. When you use a double base with two KD-7 's buy two pedals that are exactly the same. If you donít, one kd-7 will sound louder than the other. There is in my opinion no way to correct that problem because of the chain.

--------------
            Peter S.
            My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

So, I haven't quite got this yet..... Are you guys saying that the pedals, sticks, throne and headphones are NOT included with the v-club set????
              Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

yup. that's right.
                Jackie O Slashes

Comment

Oh.. I thought is was the sticks, throne, and headphones that weren't included...

When you receive the V-Club kit, you'll get everything, including patch cords and power supply. When you receive the additional KD-7 trigger module, you should also receive the proper patch cord which you will plug into the other KD-7 that came with your kit.

You will need to buy sticks, a kick, and a place to sit. You will also need to buy a set of headphones, if you don't already have some. You may also want to get a couple of cords to hook the output of the TD-6 to your stereo if you don't want to spring for an amp. However, for jamming to yourself with a CD, you'll definitely want to connect the headphone jack on your stereo to the CD input on the TD-6, as you'll need to use the volume control on your stereo to adjust the input level into the TD-6 from the stereo. Radio Shack sells an in-line volume control that you can hook-up between the output of the stereo and the CD input of the TD-6, that's what I use so that when I change CDs, I can tweak the volume balance between the CD and the drum kit right from the throne (unless, of course, your stereo has a remote with a volume control on it...)

That's really all I can see your needing to get up and running. I hope you enjoy the new kit!

HTH,
                  Bob

[This message has been edited by HolShot (edited October 20, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                  X