Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP-KD-7 to KD-7 -is patch included?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP-KD-7 to KD-7 -is patch included?

hi everyone this is my first post.

i've just ordered my v-club set and should be recieving it in the mail within a couple days. i ordered an extra kd-7 with it, as i use double bass, and my concern is that it was stated in the specs that there is an 'imput for double bass drumming', but does a kd-7 come with the required PATCH CORD to be able to take advantage of that input??? or would the seperate(from the kit) kd-7 contain one? i have been able to find this info nowhere, from roland or musiciansfriend, where i ordered the set. can someone help me out please?!

-Jackie O

+also, when you buy a v-drum set, does it include everything you need BUT the power plug??? (9v adapter) thanks.
    Jackie O Slashes

Originally posted by Jackie_O: hi everyone this is my first post.
    Welcome.
    Originally posted by Jackie_O: ...does a kd-7 come with the required PATCH CORD to be able to take advantage of that input...
    My understanding is that KD-7s can be daisy-chained together and that there is nothing particularly special about the cord required. I will defer to an owner if that is not the case.
    Originally posted by Jackie_O:

+also, when you buy a v-drum set, does it include everything you need BUT the power plug??? (9v adapter) thanks.
    You will also need a drum throne and sticks. (I didn't know any of the kits didn't come with a power supply though).

Comment

Yes the KD-7 can be daisy chain together. You will get all the cords you need connect them together. The KD-7 manual will show you how very very easy to do.

------------------
      Ted H.
      www.tocsinrocks.com
      Ted H.

Comment

The Clubs come with everything you need to play except the bass pedal/s for the KD-7/s, something to sit on, sticks and headphones or amp to hear yourself.

[This message has been edited by Roberts2 (edited October 18, 2001).]
        V-Club

Comment

Most likely you will not get the cord to chain them together. All you will need is a 3 foot guitar/patch cord with 1/4" mono plugs. The club set will come in one big box. Prepare to have 2 people to handle it. The box will contain eveything you need except sticks, throne, kick pedal, and headphones/amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie_O:

My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

So, I haven't quite got this yet..... Are you guys saying that the pedals, sticks, throne and headphones are NOT included with the v-club set????
              Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

yup. that's right.
                Jackie O Slashes

Comment

Oh.. I thought is was the sticks, throne, and headphones that weren't included...

When you receive the V-Club kit, you'll get everything, including patch cords and power supply. When you receive the additional KD-7 trigger module, you should also receive the proper patch cord which you will plug into the other KD-7 that came with your kit.

You will need to buy sticks, a kick, and a place to sit. You will also need to buy a set of headphones, if you don't already have some. You may also want to get a couple of cords to hook the output of the TD-6 to your stereo if you don't want to spring for an amp. However, for jamming to yourself with a CD, you'll definitely want to connect the headphone jack on your stereo to the CD input on the TD-6, as you'll need to use the volume control on your stereo to adjust the input level into the TD-6 from the stereo. Radio Shack sells an in-line volume control that you can hook-up between the output of the stereo and the CD input of the TD-6, that's what I use so that when I change CDs, I can tweak the volume balance between the CD and the drum kit right from the throne (unless, of course, your stereo has a remote with a volume control on it...)

That's really all I can see your needing to get up and running. I hope you enjoy the new kit!

HTH,
                  Bob

[This message has been edited by HolShot (edited October 20, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                  X