Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Problem with rim trigger on my PD120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with rim trigger on my PD120

I'm using a session kit (TD10 w/TW1 expansion). I have been trying the get clean click sound from the rim by putting stick across the rim as shown in the book. I click sound works sometimes but it is not consistant. Most times it seems to trigger the sound made by striking the head and rim at the same time. How can i make sure to trigger only the rim sound without altering the the instament settings themselfs? I need to get a snare sound when i hit the head and a clean click sound when i hit only the rim.

You need to adjust the level of the rim, the crossover level, where you get rim shot or crossstick. I believe it is located on the trigger page where you tune your heads. Adjust the level up or down till you get the result you want. It is in the TDW-1 manual.

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

Comment

Originally posted by WilddBill:
      I'm using a session kit (TD10 w/TW1 expansion). I have been trying the get clean click sound from the rim by putting stick across the rim as shown in the book. I click sound works sometimes but it is not consistant. Most times it seems to trigger the sound made by striking the head and rim at the same time. How can i make sure to trigger only the rim sound without altering the the instament settings themselfs? I need to get a snare sound when i hit the head and a clean click sound when i hit only the rim.
      There is a setting for rim sensitivity. Refer to page 31 and 110 of the manual.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Quick question - Using the TD-10, I am only able to get the head tension screen for the snare only. The toms wont show the head tension screen at all. Is this normal? Will it show up when using the exp. card?
        TD-10/TDW-1vc, 3-PD120, 2-PD100, 2-PD80, 2-KD7, 3-14C, 2-15R, SPD-20, 2-ECymbal II splash, 1-ECymbal II china, 2-IronCobra kicks, 1 angry ex-wife.

:eek: " I see drum people"

Comment

Originally posted by V-Junkie:
          Quick question - Using the TD-10, I am only able to get the head tension screen for the snare only. The toms wont show the head tension screen at all. Is this normal? Will it show up when using the exp. card?
          yes and yes
          Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stixx777:
            You need to adjust the level of the rim, the crossover level, where you get rim shot or crossstick. I believe it is located on the trigger page where you tune your heads. Adjust the level up or down till you get the result you want. It is in the TDW-1 manual.

I'll try this. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Stixx777:

I tried this and I am able to get the rim to trigger 100% of time but now the snare sometimes triggers the rim sound I tried to balance the settings to get rim and snare to trigger right but I am not able to find the right middle ground. If this is working right for you can you give me your exact settings so I can start from there?

Comment

Have you tuned the head correctly? I will still on occasion have trouble with the cross stick sound. My solution was to move my stick away from the center one way or the other, away from the center up for playing live because I hit the cross stick harder because I cannot hear as well and away from the center down when I practice, play at church or play with headphones because I am hearing better and not as aggressive with the stick. When I get home I will look at my settings and let you know what they are for me and post them here for you.

------------------
                Ted H.
                www.tocsinrocks.com
                Ted H.

Comment

Working...
                X