Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PD-120 rims not triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD-120 rims not triggering

Hello,
    My first time to post. I have a set of V-Pro concert drums, and I have not been able to get the 2 PD-120 rims to my right to trigger. My PD-120 Snare works fine head and rim, but the rims on the "floor" toms does not even light up the red rim light on my TD-10 module. I have stereo cable connected to both and pluged into the correct location. I have tried to edit some sound to the rims with no luck, I can use the module to select the rim, and assign a sound but when I hit it nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they are not supposed to trigger. The PD-120 will only trigger the rim in the snare input. They have two piezo's and you need a piezo/fsr trigger to get dual functionality. Try a PD-9 in place of those PD-120 toms and you'll get a rim.

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited October 13, 2001).]
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
      Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they are not supposed to trigger. The PD-120 will only trigger the rim in the snare input. They have two piezo's and you need a piezo/fsr trigger to get dual functionality. Try a PD-9 in place of those PD-120 toms and you'll get a rim.

Man that is not good news, the reason I bought the set I did was because the salesman said that all of the drums in the set would double trigger. I found out latter that the PD-100's would not but I thought all of the PD-120's would. So I guess I'll just have to use the snare,and cymballs to add sounds, Correct?

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited October 13, 2001).]

Comment

You have aux 1 & 2. Must use piezo/fsr pads. Having said that, some have been rather creative in getting the rim portions to work. A guy named feefer has pioneered "shacking" and "holy grailing". It gets a bit deep. He's writing a "how-to" which might be out by Christmas.
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
        X