Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning: V-Cymbals with TDW-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning: V-Cymbals with TDW-1

This matter doesn't appear to have been mentioned on the board.

The TDW-1 upgrade has been modified to support V-Cymbal Ride's triple trigger.

If you have the initial TD-10 and are looking to upgrade with TDW-1 and also looking to add V-Cymbal Ride, then be certain the TDW-1 is the version that supports V-Cymbals (it will have notification of this on the box).

I came close to buying the wrong TDW-1.

[This message has been edited by batteur (edited October 07, 2001).]

There's tons of messages about the two different versions of the expansion board! Weird that you didn't come across it, but thanks for mentioning anyway.

It's not a problem when you bought the first version, as far as I know they'll upgrade it for free.

Greetings,
    Pieter

------------------
    http://mpcman.flappie.nl
    Music was my first love...

Comment

Originally posted by MPCman:
      It's not a problem when you bought the first version, as far as I know they'll upgrade it for free.
      Where "Free" equals "Shipping Costs", which isn't bad. But - I had a pretty poor experience with my upgrade. They promised it back in 48 hours, and a week later they still hadn't even gotten to it. I called and forced the issue.

But, overall the upgrade to TDW-1 with V-Cymbal control is upgradable from the old TDW-1. You just take it out and send it in. Roland will flash it and send it back - eventually.

- Hans
      - Hans

Comment

Originally posted by batteur:
        This matter doesn't appear to have been mentioned on the board.
        [This message has been edited by batteur (edited October 07, 2001).]
        Man this really made me smile.....thanks
        :rolleyes:

Comment

I've even read plenty of "refer to" messages back to nuisance people like me. I don't know about other people but I've had a hell of a time trying to make proper searches on this board. Thanks for the patience (if it's being offered).

Comment

Originally posted by batteur:
            Thanks for the patience (if it's being offered).
            Yes, the search can get a bit large at times, but with a little practice, you will start to find more information that you even want to know. Oh and a.....YES, you will find more patience from people on this board. HAVE FUN
            :rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
            X