Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Warning: V-Cymbals with TDW-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning: V-Cymbals with TDW-1

This matter doesn't appear to have been mentioned on the board.

The TDW-1 upgrade has been modified to support V-Cymbal Ride's triple trigger.

If you have the initial TD-10 and are looking to upgrade with TDW-1 and also looking to add V-Cymbal Ride, then be certain the TDW-1 is the version that supports V-Cymbals (it will have notification of this on the box).

I came close to buying the wrong TDW-1.

[This message has been edited by batteur (edited October 07, 2001).]

There's tons of messages about the two different versions of the expansion board! Weird that you didn't come across it, but thanks for mentioning anyway.

It's not a problem when you bought the first version, as far as I know they'll upgrade it for free.

Greetings,
    Pieter

------------------
    http://mpcman.flappie.nl
    Music was my first love...

Comment

Originally posted by MPCman:
      It's not a problem when you bought the first version, as far as I know they'll upgrade it for free.
      Where "Free" equals "Shipping Costs", which isn't bad. But - I had a pretty poor experience with my upgrade. They promised it back in 48 hours, and a week later they still hadn't even gotten to it. I called and forced the issue.

But, overall the upgrade to TDW-1 with V-Cymbal control is upgradable from the old TDW-1. You just take it out and send it in. Roland will flash it and send it back - eventually.

- Hans
      - Hans

Comment

Originally posted by batteur:
        This matter doesn't appear to have been mentioned on the board.
        [This message has been edited by batteur (edited October 07, 2001).]
        Man this really made me smile.....thanks
        :rolleyes:

Comment

I've even read plenty of "refer to" messages back to nuisance people like me. I don't know about other people but I've had a hell of a time trying to make proper searches on this board. Thanks for the patience (if it's being offered).

Comment

Originally posted by batteur:
            Thanks for the patience (if it's being offered).
            Yes, the search can get a bit large at times, but with a little practice, you will start to find more information that you even want to know. Oh and a.....YES, you will find more patience from people on this board. HAVE FUN
            :rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
            X